September is here, getting the sledding itch!!!

chilli

Hey All

Well, we've turned the corner, can see fall in the horizon, and those flakes of white gold to follow!!

In the spirit of getting ready for the upcoming season, yesterday I finally purchased a 93 Exciter II SX.

I had one when I was young (bought it brand new and it was the shyt) but it got destroyed the same year. I vowed to have one again, and found one 1 hour away from here....

Now, technically it will be the "wifes" sled....but im happy to have the SX in my yammy collection no matter if I drive, if she does, whatever...The thing sure is in pretty good shape for its age and mileage. The shock cans are mint, seat is perfect, tunnel is super straight...and the factory decals still look new.. She's definaltely been babied.

So to recap my small collection in age:

1982 Bravo 250
1993 Exciter II SX
1999 SRX 700

Pcs of the Exciter to follow once I clean her up

Welcome back everyone too!!

I'm right there with you. Been out and messing with both my sleds. I just added RSI race bars and 6 inch riser to my doo. I painted the hood vents on my viper Yellow to match the ski loops. Next is a clutch kit on the viper and a M-10 in it :)

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to start an itchy throttle thumb thread ;)! .Man the cool nights here lately have really started me going through my list of things to do to the SRX,I'm half tempted to dig er out and find a field somewhere and rip around for a few minutes.
The snow can't get here soon enough.

I have an itchy throttle thumb all year round. Lucky for me I keep it in shape throughout the summer by riding a standup jetski. :letitsnow

Yeah, one of these days, I gotta blast my new SLP's I bought for my Viper, so they look all nice.

I was up at the cabin this weekend and helped my brother-in-law with his boys' sleds. A pair of 80/81 300 Enticers. Got me really itchy!!! We got the maintenance finished on one and almost done on both, we'll have to finish them on MEA. He has an 89 srv that needs some TLC also. I'll be picking up my sled the weekend after Haydays, so I'm gettin' mighty itchy!!!!

I sold the viper and I've got an Apex GT all torn apart down to nothing in the shop. Bought it wrecked and I'm rebuilding it, long track to 153" with a 2.25" Maverick track, Polaris Switchback suspension with tipped up rails like the Nytro XTX. I can't wait to take this thing for a rip when it's done. There aren't too many things more enjoyable than a summer/fall sled project in my opinion ;)!

Man i got 2 new ones to try out. Stock 02 viper for the wife and a 04 with CPR's and a heavy hitter clutch for me. I'll be a wreck till i get them on the snow as i bought them in the off season.

Back