End of season dirt bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

super1c

Super Moderator
I wasnt sure if i would get much love for this at september. But my 12 yr old daughter and i want to get back into dirt bikes. I was thinking a TTR 125e for her and a Yz 125 for me. Im old now i had a KX 250 back in day but i dont know if i could do that now. Any thoughts or help on what you guys ride with you kids would help. It would be a b day present for my daughter if she and i got into it. Thanks guys Chris

I have a 05 YZ85 for sale if she has rode before. Way more bike than the TTR125 though......

Also a 05 WR250F, could make you a package deal. But the 85 is not a beginer bike.

Last edited:
Tod, I think a YZ 85 would be to much for a 12 yr old girl! But a TTR125 would be the perfect bike for her, If I were you though I'd look at a 4 stroke, but what type of riding will you be doing on the bikes? On the MX track or riding the trails, if you ride on the track a YZ250F would be a great bike for you, but if you ride trails maybe a TTR 250 for you? I know this is a yammie site, but what about a Honda CRF 250? Those are nice bikes...

super1c said:
I wasnt sure if i would get much love for this at september. But my 12 yr old daughter and i want to get back into dirt bikes. I was thinking a TTR 125e for her and a Yz 125 for me. Im old now i had a KX 250 back in day but i dont know if i could do that now. Any thoughts or help on what you guys ride with you kids would help. It would be a b day present for my daughter if she and i got into it. Thanks guys Chris

Jr. is a little young for the trails, but I plan to get back into cross-country type riding. To avoid hassles from local law enforcement, I added a head/tail light and horn to my old 400IT and plan to go more dual-sport when Jr. is ready in a couple years. I think the Michigan laws have changed regarding ATVs traveling along paved roads but not sure about bikes. I'm pretty sure there is still no night riding, but with a dual-sport you're legal 24 hours if you're plated.

I have a whole herd of Yamaha bikes & Sleds in my garage. Don't shoot me or Super1c (above) but, do yourself a favor and consider the Honda CRF150F for your daughter instead of the TTR.

if you're just trail riding, save some hassle in the long run and get something like a ttr 250 instead of a motocross 4 stroker. lot less maintenance.

My neighbor is selling a DR350, in good shape. I think you could get it for a good price. Downfall would be the long drive.

ttr125 will be fine for her as she is a beginner.

for you i would suggest a wr250r/f if it is in the buget. it will have the offroad suspension you are used to but be mellow enough to putt around with your daughter and still have enough jam for when you want to cut loose. ttr250 will disappoint you suspension wise as it is barely enough for trail riding.

Back