Questions

mtnmaxman600

VIP Member
What reeds are better for a 600 twin ? Stock, V-force 3, or boyesen

Is there anyone else that does a big bore kit for the 97 and up twin?

Amsoil Chaincase oil is it worth using it?

Which amsoil oil injector oil should I use and can it be mixed with Yamalube or do I have to clean out the system first?

Can the twin exhaust be modified like the triple exhaust can.

Header wrap or ceramic coating whick is better?

:2strokes: :letitsnow

i will give you a couple of my opinions. carbon tech reeds with spacers woke the old twin right up. atf in the chaincase, ceramic on the pipes if you can afford it. bought that sled for the wife in 98, 141'd it out of the box, 11 year old daughter rides it now, 6k+ hard miles on it. replaced a cylinder on it at about 3k(ring pin sheared, seems like we put a thinner head gasket on it, watch the clutch, the harmonics of the twin likes to eat bushings and rollers. hope this helps.

What reeds are better for a 600 twin ? Stock, V-force 3, or boyesen

carbon techs on stock cages, w/reed spacers work very well. noticed better throttle response too. also, had thin head gasket on it. it was a '98 xtc 600.

Is there anyone else that does a big bore kit for the 97 and up twin?

hauck powersports

Amsoil Chaincase oil is it worth using it?

i use amsoil 80w-90 synthetic gear oil and its awesome. not to mention that you get more oil for the money.

Which amsoil oil injector oil should I use and can it be mixed with Yamalube or do I have to clean out the system first?

amsoil intercepter and it will mix w/the yamalube, but try to get as much of the yamalube out first.

Can the twin exhaust be modified like the triple exhaust can.

possibly. never heard of anyone doing it and personally never did it. we just thru a bender can on it, that we got brand new @ haydays like 5-6 yrs ago, for $100.

Header wrap or ceramic coating whick is better?

ceramic coat lasts longer, if pipes are washed/polished/taken care of. looks better too....IMO.

Back