New Engine

Hillbilly

Yamaha is going to unveill a new 4-stroke high-horsepower engine this fall. They have figured out how to gain tons of power without using a supercharger. Anyone know about this? I found out from a source from Cypress.

The RTA I spoke to is not allowed to say. All I found out was that the supercharger that was on the pwc's did not deliver as expected. So the engineers in Japan have a new engine. Maybe 5 valves per cylinder? I don't know.

Yamaha has used 5 valves per cylinder for a while - not sure they still do, but they did in the mid 80s. "Genesis 5 valve head" is what it was called, if I remember right.

It's been rumor for the last year that Yamaha has something big (not weight :) ) but has yet to release it.

I hope they do something, or I will be riding a Cat in a few years

Honda civic Motor LOL!!! that is to funny. Japan dose not release stuff until they have it figured out. I worked in a import dealer for six year sometime's It is better to wait a little and come out with something great as I'm sure They will.

Hillbilly said:
I now know what Yamaha is going to release. They already have an entire engine line-up. I am not allowed to say.
I know where settlers buried 5 bags of gold in southeast michigan, but I am not allowed to say where there are! lol

Hillbilly said:
I now know what Yamaha is going to release. They already have an entire engine line-up. I am not allowed to say.

I believe it. I do think Yamaha has purposely chosen to wait until the economy improves some, and not release any new motors until they have perfected the engines; to get it right the first time.

I'm sorry to say, but I do not believe they will offer an OEM turbo or S/C -- but I think they will offer a 180+ motor that is naturally aspirated. I have heard similar rumors........

Furthermore, they will make gains in losing weight from sleds and make better mountain sleds.

JMO!

Mike

They already have a great motor in the R1 making close to 180 in stock form. Add a good pipe, power commander and voila, over 180HP in a non-turbo'd 4 stroker. Thye just need to make it work in a sled, which should be easy. They just need to figure out the clutching correct? Since most sleds are a 2 speed vs a 6 speed in a bike.

Back