Viper Engine

BLACKSKULLAPEX

Has anyone here swaped out a 98 srx 700 for a 03 viper 700. Just wondering if the electronics in the 98 will work on the 03 engine. Or if i should save my self some headaches and change over the electronics. Also will a set of Bender triple pipes work from the 98 engine on the 03 or is this more headaches?? Thanks for any insight on this folks

Last edited:

Question

The answer is that the electronics and the pipes won't work easily......what you are considering is very far from a bolt on and go exchange. Ignition systems and CDI's are totally different. The pipes wont work easily either since the SRX and Viper cylinders are different in the exhaust port area. Sure anything can be made to work, that has been proven in this web site but the practical answers are no and no.

Madmatt

BLACKSKULLAPEX, why are you looking to tear out the srx engine, in favor of a viper engine? if you need parts, i have cylinders, cases, heads, crank, etc, from a '98 700 srx. also, have wiring harness, cdi box, etc.

Thank you for all you insight guys, i have swapped out all the electronics harness included. Im building this machine for a good friend of mine. The next task is to tackle the exhaust. The only for the change is he had some misfortune with the 835 that was in the machine, so he has opted to start from scratch with a viper engine we bought with 200 miles on it and run it stock for this season other than bender triples and v force 3's

While you are at it

While you are at it take the front cast section out of the bulk head on the viper and put it in the SRX chasis so you can use viper shocks and gain some travel.

Madmatt

Back