Guys, Need help testing Power Valves SRX!

mcclan

Guys, Need help Adjusting Power Valves SRX!

Cleaned the power valves on a 2000 SRX and after assembly I went to hook the maximum performance power valve tester up and noticed that on a SRX there is only two wires to hook to, a red and black one. On my viper there is three wires. The tester has a three wires, one blue, one red and one black, my question is on that SRX which wires do I hook where and which one don't I use???? What is the procedure for adjustment on the 2000 SRX's?

Last edited:

Thats the one I used but I think it is for a Viper. It calls for the harness on the left side(it's there on a viper not SRX) its also three wires. My SRX has two wires red & black on the left side same shape connector.

See another related thread, but just run with the choke on, or adjust your idle screw so that your sled runs below 900 rpm, this will open the PV's. Mark for future reference :)

Got it all figured out last night! I tried it both ways (with Tester and dropping the Idle). Thanks for the help guys!!!!!

great mcclan... now hand off the batton.( the knowledge) .... :)

what is this mark for future reference?. do you set the gap or slack when closed or open valves...i'm so confused....... :o|

i have a new valve and hope to install and adjsut this weekend

thanks

Ramb

Ramb,
If you run your sled under 900 rpm (easily done with the choke on) you can see that the servo will turn towards the front of the sled opening the valves. This is where you want to adjust the PV's. The mark for future ref. is in case your move the servo by bumping one of the cables (I did this 2 times on the mag side cable) and when you adjust them again either this year or next. Using the gap that is created by having the PV's open try to get the cables adjusted to around 2.5mm. Hope this helps...

klrgreenis.

thank you very much for the reply

I wil look at the manual pages that were copied to the board, but is the gap you measure at the powervalve? in other words 2.5mm left of travel before bottoming out?

so you mark it. turn off teh sled, maually rotat to the mark, and adjsut the cable threads until the 2.5mm gap?

I am heading out to the pole barn after i finish my turkey samich ;)!

Ramb

Ramb,
To get the gap, have the two allen head bolts backed out, the springs with the powervalves will produce the gap. Then just adjust the cables in or out to 2.5mm Make sure that you have the same gap at the top and bottom in other words just make sure that the PV isn't tilting either front or back.
The servo will stay at the mark, butjust in case you pull on one of the cables this will save you from having to start it up again. And like I said when you adjust them again it makes it easy just turn the servo by hand to the mark. Hope this helps :D

Ooh turkey samich, it is time for lunch LOL!!

Back