really need some help.

ppenguin

Hello this is my first post i will try to make it brief, I will be buying a phazer in the next couple of weeks. I have found a 2007 i believe it is a base model, looks in good shape. I have also found a 2008 gt. There both the same price, the only hitch in the plan is that the 2008 has to come into canada from the states. The 2007 is already a canadian sled. Is there much difference between the two years and models? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Hello,

Welcome to TY! First off, the Late Model phazers are 4 stroke sleds and as such you'll find more info about them on the 4 stroke forum www.ty4stroke.com . It's the same site but uses a different database so you'll have to sign up over there as well, you can use the same info as here.

Secondly, if memory serves, the base model has NO reverse and steel shocks, the GT has reverse and rebuild-able HPG shocks. Any warranty on the 2008 will NOT be valid in Canada, you'll have to return it to the states to get warranty coverage. If it's out of warranty, then it's a non issue.

Dollar for dollar and no warranty concerns, I'd buy the GT....

i don't know how hard it is to get into canada, but for the same price, it would have to be dam hard so as not to pick the GT over the standard. GT has windshield also.

Thanks for the help, i didn't realize that the base model did not come with reverse until last night. It looks like the gt is the way to go. I realize that if there is any warranty left on the unit that it will be void in Canada, I think it's b.s. that they void the warranty for taking it across the bordrer, especialy on a used sled but not much i can do about it.

Back