Stock sled radar run number's.

Hey guys I bought my Apex at the end of last years winter season. So I only had the opportunity to go out to Simon Lake near my home on the few Saturdays and take a few runs on a decent plowed sheet of ice. I was getting better speeds in the mornings colder ice at 116 mph pretty constantly. There was a Artic Cat F-1000 with me and he was at 118 mph. The afternoon my speed would drop to 114 mph guess due to ice getting pretty slushy.

I'm just curious on what kind of speeds you all have been getting on your sleds does not have to be just the Apex. I'm told by some people the Apex's are slow but why is that when you have a 1,000 cc. Is it just due to the weight of a 4-stroke?

Anyhow hope to hear on some feedback from you guys since the last few years I could not ride at all and I am wondering how the new and older sleds are doing for radar runs.

Dam now after reading over what I wrote I'm asking alot of questions. Oh well it will make for a interesting post I hope.

Talk to all soon...
:letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow

wah9w9.jpg

Last edited:

Dude, you have been over to the 4 stroke forum haven't you??? www.ty4stroke.com

You have to sign up there as well but can use the same info as here.

I'm not trying to chase you over there or anything but most of the guys still posting over here (AKA smoking area ;)! ) have no 4 stroke experience. If your just making convo, that's fine too.

:yrules:

Hey crewchief47,

I just got signed up on the other side Non-Smoking LOL!! But anyhow I understand what your saying guess I could not wait for some feedback. But like I said in the post it does not have to be the Apex's speed on a radar run times. All my buddies are riding 2-strokes and there great too. I'm just looking for an idea on what kind of run will a SRX, Viper stock will give me. My buddies just upgraded to Yamaha sleds from other brands Ski-doo, Artic Cat. So just was curious on what it's going to be like against them.

crewchief47,

It's okay bud,

But you know this winter I will just have to line up my Apex against your Nitro and kick your ***!! Just kidding LOL...From what I hear the Nitro is the faster sled of the line and then the Apex will go passed it. Not sure about it since I have never raced one. How does your sled run if you don't mind me asking? Must be pretty close 150 hp vs 130 hp and the weight difference between the 2 two.

Last edited:
Here's a good place for you to look for speeds in 2000' radar runs, for both stock and improved classes, trail or race. Go ahead and browse through the results.....they're all listed by class. The rules are also listed if you navigate through the site, although they are not closely followed in most cases due to a lack of tech. It is an ongoing battle to try to get some tech going.

http://www.radar-runs.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=7&id=40&Itemid=72

Jabber800 has a full trail setup 700 srx that runs nearly 120 mph in 2000'. I believe his best to date is 119.5 mph in that distance.

My 800 trail improver, also a full trail setup, ran a best of 128.7 mph this season, and I currently hold the record in that class.

Thanks for posting valin,

I'm going to check out the info right away. I know of Jabber800 he's a great guy helped me out in the past with Yamaha parts. And was lucky enough to go for a rip with him around Lake Wanapitei.

Here is a photo he took of me on that day. I'm just plain crazy at times....And who said V-Max4's were heavy and could not fly?

11grujl.jpg

Bone stock apex's out of the crate usually run 114-116 on glare ice.Few clutching mods you can get 122-124mph out of them.

Reg I ran my Apex versues my SRX a few times and it was was no contest.. SRX would pull it hard right from around 30 mph and keep walking away hard.. To be fair though I didn't put alot of time into the apex set up!!

Back