2010 Maine TY Ride

I had a friend that was up there this week call me and told mt that the trails up there are very thin. Can anyone in the county let me know if this is the case?????

If we don't get any snow I might pull the plug on it.

My work called me my vacation for the last half of the week has been put on hold, because there is a chance of a good size storm here on the coast Thursday and Friday.

I plow for a town so that is how my vacation can be put on hold if I'm needed to plow.

Last edited:

I just called the motel and he said that its snowing up there now the trails are in fair-good around the motel but if you head east to Caribou area they are fair-poor.

Hes going to go for a ride in the next couple of days and call me to let me know how the trails are.

Need snow!

Just checked weather for this week, warm temps and possible snow or rain tues and friday. I will meet you guys Saturday if we still ride. I can give Hondo a call midweek and get a better trail report and pass on.
Blue

After getting out of work I headed up to Eagle Lake to get ready of the ride and woke up to find it snowing.

I didn't get out to check the trails Friday because of a issue I had the night I got up there.

Hondo and rxrider came and brought me back to his house to go over the ride for the next day.

Hondo did not join us on the ride because his sled had a minor breakdown so it was up to me to lead the pack.

We meet up for breakfast and then gassed up to hit the trails had 7 sleds to start with.

So we head South on ITS 85 trails out of eagle Lake were beautiful, once we left the Eagle Lake Club trails the trails went to $HIT (lack of snow). I was breaking trail all the way to Portage Lake where the Yamaha Demo Rides were going to be. This should of only took about 45 minutes at the most but it took 2 1/2 hours. 2 sleds turned around because the trails were so bad.

I found out a little to late that the Demo rides in Portage Lake were CANCELED and moved to Jackman where they got 3 feet of snow. :o| :o| :o|

So we continue south on ITS 85 to Ashland for gas.

From Ashland we head East on ITS 88, North on ITS 105 then West ON ITS 83 and found a sled on the side of the trail and no one around. I cant understand why no one was there whats wrong with the sled?????

We headed back to Eagle Lake for the night I took rxrider and osknutsen back to Eagle Lake so they could get something to eat. I goto the motel to get bluemissle and head back into the woods because I lost 2 sleds in the group and it was dark out. Lucky it was only a overheating issue we stayed with them to make sure they made it back to the motel.

Enjoy the pics

Attachments

• 100_2370.jpg
    100_2370.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_2372.jpg
    100_2372.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_2373.jpg
    100_2373.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_2376.jpg