Thoughts please!

That sled is in Michigan (about 30 miles from me) and you're in Maine. Long drive for a medium priced sled that needs a new belly pan. I guess it all depends on how bad you want an Interceptor.

there are two interceptors on pennswoods.net calssifieds right now... they would probably be closer for you but still too far to drive in my opinion they are like $200

UPDATE: opps i just follwed the link... that is not a typicial interceptor i think that is like a 4/6 or something like that they call them.... head over to kawasakitrax.com and register there... if your interested in that kind of stuff..

Last edited:
yeah im not really to sure why someone would want a kaw but just trying to help hahaha.... i guess they are sorta fast for thier time... whatever floats your boat

Well, after never being able to get 4 different vmax 540's to run correct and dependable, I figured I'd give a Kawi a shot. I've lost way to much hair trying.

Now my 76 SRX 440? That's a different story. ;)!

But are the Kawasaki's not heavier than the V-max 540 and slower? My 83 540 spanked everyone of those I came into contact with. And is the overall quality not lower than Yamaha?

Is it just the look of the Kawasaki that you're after? I like the 77 Rupp magnum, but if I ever built one, I'm pretty much positive that it would wind up being basically just a Yamaha with a Rupp skin on it in the end. I looked at all these sleds when they were new and walked away each time knowing I was riding the quality and it was going to take me home each time and generally first! G.

Kawasaki

The Kawasaki Interceptor is a pretty rare sled. I don't know exactly how many were made, but they are sought after by vin tage guys. Go back to the VSCA website and type in Kawasaki Interceptor and it should bring up other posts.
Upland

http://classifieds.pennswoods.net/classifieds/index.cgi

1979 440 Kawasaki Invader Snowmobile - 11:48 pm, 7 October, 2009 email the seller
Asking Price: $500.00
For Sale: 1979 440 Kawasaki Invader.

Runs good. Fair condition. Track is in good shape. Needs new throttle cable, gas cap, and rear shock. Did not use last winter.

Northern Cambria, PA

For Sale: 1978 Kawasaki 440 Intruder ST440-A1. I had this sled fired up last winter but never got it into the snow. It needs some TLC and it could be a nice sled for cheap. I’m asking $200.00 or make me an offer. I also have the owner’s manual that will be included in the sale. I can deliver if you are with in a 50 mile radius for an extra $50.00.
Please respond to the ad, call or text Eric @ 717-552-1863 Thanks for looking

Snowmobiles and Jet Skis
good running snowmobile cheap - 01:03 pm, 14 October, 2009 email the seller
For Sale: i have a 340 invader kawaski runs good tracks fair extra 440 motor 300 obo if interested please call or tex 724-762-4339 thanks

There is a BIG difference between an Invader and an Interceptor. I want an "INTERCEPTOR". The 550 Interceptor was a rocket!! Invaders are slow and can be bought everywhere.

Zachalyse said:
There is a BIG difference between an Invader and an Interceptor. I want an "INTERCEPTOR". The 550 Interceptor was a rocket!! Invaders are slow and can be bought everywhere.

yeah your right im not sure how i got confused with an invader... i should have known when you were willing to drive across how many states to get one...

Back