Rear Suspension Bolts

cacsrx1

Well got the skid under the sled last night(viper shocks in 98 SRX) ... finaly, but what is the best way to get the front bolts in the skid to line up. The skid is 1/2 a hole to far forward and I cant get it pulled back because the track is tight??? Do I have to adjust the limiter straps to get them to line up?? Ive been laying on my back for quite some time in my freezing garage trying to figure this out. :o|

making that job way too hard on yourself go to tech page and you will see removing and replacing pro action rear suspension. Front bolts get put in first.

Dont worry Ive read the tech pages, and thats what Im trying to do ( put the front bolts in first)

ah reading is fundamental you dont have any bolts in yet my bad, i usually put some blocking under the front skid and lower it down also helps to loosen traction rod bolt that come out the bottom when getting to back bolts . Didnt mean to come off like an assclown, just know what your going through and figured you didnt know the tech page feature was available, good luck.

I find it a lot easier to put some old carpet down and roll the whole sled onto its side. Then you can swing the whole suspension around to get the front bolts started.

Is the shaft inside the "v" grove that guides it into place? Do you have your track loosened as much as possible?

Yes its in the " V" groove but the shaft is kind of stuck on the front part of the " V ", if that makes any sense.

Get a small pry bar or large flat head screwdriver in there and the shaft will line up for ya. I always flop my sled on her side to install my skid. Just loosen the track adjustment bolts all the way. I have never had to loosen my transfer rod bolts. Once you have the front two bolt in loose then flop her back and use the weight of your sled to line up the other bolts. I have done this so many times now that I can pull out and re-install in about twenty minutes by myself. I remember my first time removing the skid, a lot of cursing and throwing of tools. Good luck.
ps. get a heater for the garage.
Just kidding,
mul

I alwas pull the transfer rod bolts and turn the track tension adjusters all the way out, hang the sled from the garage ceiling with a tie down around the rear bumper hooked to a come-along this allows me to raise or lower the sled in small increments until the holes are close enough to lay down on the floor and use a little muscle to push skid back enough to get the bolts started.

Back