1980? enticer 340 deluxe info

exit9teen88

hey everbody whats up,
I just got this sled givin to me. I kno its a enticer 340 deluxe cuz it says it on the side. theres 1025 miles on it in good shape except for the seat and little rust you cant even see unless you look under it. This is my rirst sled i inspected everything and everthing works but i took off the head and both pistons have pieces broken off them. the cylinders look fine. i dont know wat year it is or how to tell so i can get parts. Would any year 340 enticer pistons work? and wats a good place to get them. i tryed mfgsupply.com. I want suggestion for quality and a descent price.im looking for engine specs horsepower/torque/compression psi/.........

thanks for your help

Last edited:

I also have one, not sure of the year?

I also have an Enticer 340 Deluxe that I suspect (but not sure) is between 81 - 85 with a tunnel number beginning 8J4-021*** and an engine number E338-******. Also trying to identify the year to help when ordering parts.

Tom

Last edited:
do yourself a favor and put a new carb boot and crank seals in it while you are at it. have one it the shed right now and rest of the motor is fresh but the crank seals are gone so it runs crappy without choke on.

wat is a tunnel number? I found 2 numbers on the engine. one near the clutch and the other near the pull start. I'm guesting the tunnel number is the one near the cooling tunnel/ pull start. is that right? 8g800 337cc / e338-020****** wat do these number show? year/ model/....and how?

Last edited:
exit9teen88 said:
wat is a tunnel number? I found 2 numbers on the engine. one near the clutch and the other near the pull start. I'm guesting the tunnel number is the one near the cooling tunnel/ pull start. is that right? 8g800 337cc / e338-020535 wat do these number show? year/ model/....and how?

The tunnel number is on the starboard (right side) stamped into the alunimum about where your ankle would be located is sitting on the sled.
It should read something like 80R-123456

The last six digets on the engine number would probably be the same as the last six on the tunnel number if it is the original engine.

On my Enticer 340 Deluxe the engine number is not far off from your's. It is:
E338-021***.

How did you determine the year of your's? When I contacted Yamaha techincal support they were unable to go back that far to decode the tunnel number to determine the year of mfg.

Tom

Last edited:
Here is a photo of my Enticer 340 Deluxe

exit9teen88 said:
im guesting its a 1980. the pictures that ive seen that look like mine are 1979-1980.

Here is a photo of my Enticer 340 Deluxe, not sure of the year.

Attachments

• Enticer 340 Deluxe.jpg
    Enticer 340 Deluxe.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 6
that is a 78-9 according to its mate in my shelter. the ownership on ours says 78.

feb9-10005.jpg

feb9-10008.jpg

How far different is your tunnel number?

Maim said:
that is a 78-9 according to its mate in my shelter. the ownership on ours says 78.

If you get a chance to take a look at the tunnel number, mine is 8J4-021***,
how far off is yours from mine? That will help pin the year down some more.

Thanks,

Tom

There is also someone selling NOS pistons on ebay I believe. These would be stock pistons for that sled. You need to measure the cylinders to make sure they haven't been bored or need it now. You need to get the pistons that match.

thanks for all the info guys. I've been busy but I'll chech the numbers and let you know. I'm turning it into a street machine with three wheels. two in the front and one fat wheel in the rear.

Tom in Arizona said:
If you get a chance to take a look at the tunnel number, mine is 8J4-021***,
how far off is yours from mine? That will help pin the year down some more.

Thanks,

Tom

mine is 8J4-020***

Back