Rivets

spdfrk125

I'm looking for stock rivets to replace my running board heat exchanger on a 99 SRX. I am told they are no longer available. I need 26 pcs or what ever I can get.
Thanks, Paul

If Betheviper can't help you, PM ding and ask him where you can get them. The Yamaha ones should still be available........They should be a 'multi-grip' rivet.

Im looking for the same rivets...except for an 04 viper. The part # from yamaha is 90267-47195-00. they charge anywhere from a buck to $1.60 per. Ive been looking around online all day, and found a few places that might have some replacements, and much cheaper. If you go to fastenal.com, check out part number ssb6-6s, or sb64-65mg. The rivet that we are looking for is a blind rivet, 3/16", hole size 10 or 11, length .575, dome or button stainless steel rivet. I believe its a multi-grip rivet also...but I havent been able to find them in stainless, only steel.

anyone else have some more info?

Last edited:
if you want oem parts, yamahapartsdepot.com has them for .77c a piece. if you dont mind not having the exact right rivet, but something that should work, fastenal.com has them for like .27c or .29c a piece.

The ones BTV has, (I am his backup) are the same as what Yamaha spec's and sells as a service part. They are Avdel Stavex (some call them Avex) rivets.

BTV should have them for 15 cents a piece. If he can't get them to you, I sell them for the same price. We also have the large head in black for the belly pan, etc.

The ones that Fastenal carries are the Marson line and are not nearly as strong or hole filling, nor do they cover the same grip range.

I highly recommend using the Stavex rivet unless you move up to a structural rivet. I would only do this if you are custom fitting something and need structural strength.

I use the larger one that Harbor Freight sells. It has put in a few thousand rivets and is fine, but I have used nicer ones in the past. It all depends on how much you want to spend. If you are only going to use it occasionally, I would get the larger one from Harbor Freight. The smaller one from Harbor Freight didn't last long for me, but some have used it successfully.

If on the other hand you want to use it every day, then your rivet supplier should have better ones for sale. There are many different options to fit your specific needs.

I don't think production tool has them.

I couldn't find very many places in SE Michigan, except ones that would special order and then charge a premium price for them.

Marshall Sales in Detroit is a distributor for Avdel/Cherry who was owned by Textron and is now owned by Acument Global Technologies. The smallest lots they order are 5000 for some, and 2000 for others. Depends on size and weight I think.

How many are you wanting, and which ones?

Last edited:
For what it's worth . . .

Yamaha has used a number of rivets and rivet suppliers through the years. If you have ever looked at a Tech Update manual there is a section in many of them that lists all of the rivets Yamaha has recently used with Yamaha part numbers and brief description.

My research has shown that the Stavex rivet meets and exceeds the requirements of many of the rivets that were not Stavex in the first place. The main exceptions are any of the structural rivets (foot rest / T- arm rear mount), and the soft material rivets (tunnel protectors).

So long story short - you can use the 3/16" Stavex BS01-00618 rivets for many of the rivets on these sleds.

Ding said:
you can use the 3/16" Stavex BS01-00618 rivets for many of the rivets on these sleds.

Ding:

Do you still sell these?

I'd be interested in purchasing like 100 or so from you.

Mike

Back