How do you get your air?

sxviper32

What do you reccommend as far as getting the air in the carbs? I thought running k&n pods on my srx would get some more power out of it with some TMX 38's and dually dial-a-jets. But will this cause it to run lean or rich and screw things up internally? I live in Indiana so I don't get much elevation above sea level. Any thoughts? Am I doin the right thing with my set up?

rock hard :rockon:

No airbox and pods in the winter will result in a finicky sled when it comes to jetting, I would rather use the stock airbox and add some holes to the top of it to help some more air in.

I had the modified airbox all cut up for the Cold Air kit on my SRX. I put a different box on with the holes cut like MrViper talks about, and noticed no difference in performance. I personally think the cold air kit is a waste of money, unless you do a lot of deep snow riding. It surely doesn't add the 3-4hp like Bender claims!

I'll second that on the cold air kit thing - junk! we ran 2 identical ported sleds back to back - they were dead even - did the cold air kit on 1 - no change. alot of the bolt on krap ya buy dosent work - at least it didnt make it slower like alot of stuff does. The cut box works best and its free -

dont waist your money on v force reeds either.

Last edited:
Cut Airbox

Can u guys show me a pic of how to modify the stock airbox and do u have to rejet if u do this?
Joe

buy the tpi valves, you will have alot more control. same idea just neater and can close up if you need to.

airbox

I use the stock air box with seven 3/4 inch holes cut into both the top and the middle plates on my race sled and make more horsepower than filters, nothing or velocity stacks. and I'm pushing 190 horse so I would have to agree with everyone save the money get the drill out

hey strubmotorsports, I was wondering if you drilled those holes out of an srx airbox or an sx airbox. Also, if on a srx airbox, where did you drill the holes and does it make a lot more howling sounds let me know. Thanks

Back