seat? no, ant's nest

das fisch

doing pre-winter tune on '86 Yamaha Excel, which is in relatively great shape, noticed the seat board was soft, so removed the seat to see a few ants.
today I went a bit deeper and oh my gosh... they have totally infested this thing. now keep in mind I used to do commercial pest control (before moving on to wildlife damage control) and have seen few cases this severe and this is after treating the invaders once already. check out those tunnels and cavities they've created.
check out these pics of the seat foam.
IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

now the question is, where can I 1) find a new seat for this sled (original design or one that would fit) 2) find new foam
I wouldn't mind putting another that would just fit, really just looking for function, aesthetics come second.

Very weird coincidence. I just found this same thing under the seat on my wife Ovation, and I also used to to pest control work. I will be watching this thread to see what you find for foam. good luck.

my seat was ripped and slot of foam missing and my plan is to go to a craft store and get 2 inch foam glue multiple layers together then curve it to the shape I want and cover it with vinyl or pleather (fake leather). just my idea

Back