CPR Piped Viper

uprider

I need a little help. Looking for what everyone thinks is the best helix to run. My sled goes pretty flat on the big end. A little history: Heel Clickers, machined fixed sheave on primary for overdrive, red spring. Lightning Pro secondary, 46/36 Dalton, green spring @ 70 degrees. I am putting on a new stock fixed sheave right now. It runs well to about 100 MPH, then goes real flat. RPM'S are holding between 9100 - 9200. I have a 47, 45, and 43 helix at my disposal to try, or is there a better multi angle to try. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I went back to the OEM and my top end came back....I had a clutching guy I know work on it with me to try to help me out and it still killed the top end.

why does the roller kill top end?

i have maxx perf roller secondary.... i race a buddy on his 700 mxz and we are like dead nuts or i beat him by a cpl sleds, then he will pass me at under 100... why???

I have no idea....the roller does not react the same as a button clutch....I had a guy working on it wwith over 20 years and he said toss it in the trash...LOL. I have spoke with another guy that has been doing clutching longer then that he said all rollers are junk....but thats his words...All I can tell you is they dont work for me.

I had the same type of experience with a Roller Rooster on my '97 SX with triple pipes and some other mods. Seemed to accelerate a little better than the stock secondary, but was realyl flat and mushy on top end. Also seemed like the secondary slammed a lot more than the stocker when the brakes were applied. Didn't like it overall

I can run lo 120's on speedo with roller, but it sounds like you need someone that can tune yours. A roller can upshift faster so you may want to try higher angle helix and less weight, or a multiangle so you can keep the rpm's up.

pretty close Yamaviper....that the drawback with a heelclicker or similar type heavy weight...they can flatten out bigtime...his two speed weight pulls a lot harder on top...but to the roller....a roller unit cannot make a top end flat unless theres mechaical interference to prevent full function....on that lightning pro set up..any tip weight in the heelclickers? if so back off a gram or two or even three and watch what happens...or even all the tip weight...also...running a polaris silver blue in the L P will make a big difference...the green spring is too weak

I am pulling better top end with the button secondary,I think the roller pulls harder to a point and is just to flat on top.I am still playing with the roller but have not found a good top end setup yet.my roller is a team though,I am not sure how they compare.-Harvey

Back