TURK, and other SRX600 GODS ??'s

YrkViper

Hi Guys,
Looking to get a little more out of my 98 SRX600. I have these options, but need some guidance.
I can get some heads already cut by .030 and do the base gasket mod. I am also thinking about using a race logic porting template to do a little porting while everything is apart :D
Here are some ??'s that I have:
1) Will it be a good combo to do the cut heads and porting?

2) Will this be OK on "pump" gas usually I run 93 octane now.

3) Any idea of how much of a HP gain I will get?

4) Do I need to change the jetting, and any idea of a base where to start?

5) Any ideas on what I will need to change my clutching to? I have the Hauck Magnum power shift secondary, not sure if it is a stock helix or not. Red spring on secondary. I will weigh in at a little over 200lbs fully geared. 70% Trail riding 30% racing with my buddies. That is all the clutch info I have until I rip her apart...

Thank you in advance for the use of your knowledge, and your help!! :yam:

Oh and BTW :rocks:

This site KICKS butt!!!

Get the engine ported. I ported my 99 600 SRX & it really woke that puppy up. Stock jetting & 93 octane is fine with porting. Clutching should be 83-8500 rpm at wide open throttle. It has been a long time since I had my 99 600 sRX but for clutching I ran 8bu-00 weights with 1st hole empty & 2.4 rivet in tip, 45/39 helix silver secondary at 60 degree wrap. You can also leave everything stock & cut heads 10 thou. I did this on my 98 600 SRX & it worked well too!

THANK YOU TURK !!! Yes I am Yelling hee-hee.

1 More ? OK with stock jets if I cut the heads or do the gasket mod?

So where do I send the beer??
:mrgreen:

That sled is jetted a little liberal. There is lots of room for stock jetting with mods.

Excellent, thank you :D

I'm still trying to figure out what all my sled has done to it, since I bought it used, and the previous owner did some stuff to it like the Hauck Magnum Power Shift.

Back