Limiter length after long traveling the SRX?

otis700

Hey guys.

Got a question regarding long traveling the srx. I finally got my viper shocks installed yesterday, still have to install the quick rods. Right now, with the limiters pulled up 1 3/4", the back of the track is still off the ground. For those of you who long traveled the srx, did you crank your straps all the way up to get the skid to sit flat? I must have another 1" I would guess to crank them up.

Curious how you have set yours?

Perhaps after I install the viper quick rods using the rear mounting holes, the skid may sit differently. I plan on using the 2.5mm spacer for the bottom, and 5 or 7.5 mm for the top. By the way, for the front, I have Ohlins with the extensions installed.

Thanks again.

Mark

It doesn't sit flat until you install the new spacers in the control rods, as the stock srx spacers dont let the rear arm of the skid to extend enough to make it sit flat. It should sit a lot better once you get the control rods in with your new spacers

I used the complete viper rear skid & the shock extensions up front.
And still had to crank the limiter strap in to get the track to be level.
the shims are both 2.5. Also went to 136" track maybe had something
to do with it?

why does the stock srx suspension sit up in the back. all my friends think my sled is broke. i just put a 136 extension on and it sits up 3 1/2 inches off the ground in the back

i put the sxr shocks in my 2000 srx, rx1 transfer rods with thenner spacer, strap pulled all the way with 1 or 2 threads left, one other thing if you are using stock front shocks, i took the brackets off switch them to oposite side and turned them upside down to get the front end up and let the sled sit flat, you will have to put a washer behind thebracket when you switch them

guru if i understand right you switched the two top brackets on the top shocks one side to the other and turned them upside down for more lift the washers take up the step.wat did you get an inch from that tx.

otis700

could it be possible that the track is so tight that the rear spring is compressed some? or like mentioned, the transfer rods are holding something up.
I just long traveled mine this weekend with stock 121 track. I only needed to pull the straps in some untill they wer limiting the center shock travel instead of it's internal stop.

you mentioned adding the extensions to the shocks, but did you add viper springs or more preload to your stock front springs? with just the extensions the shock piston sits at a different location in the shock, but you did not raise the sled any from before right??

i did the bracket flip/swap and kept the stock (less travel) front shocks.
I had to grind some off the bracket flanges as when they were upside down they interfered with the shock ends. I also ground some of the bulkhead flange that the step in the bracket goes around in stock mounting, upside down does not have this "jog" in the right location anymore.

so grinding the bulkhead flange some required less washers to step the brackets away from this interfering flange. i think 2 washers on top and 1 on bottom did the trick for me.

someone (like me I guess) could measure bumper heights for others to compare and see if they are sitting similarly

with the transfer rod detached, you should be able to dial this in. as with the correct rods attached, they are sitting in the center of their travel anyway, with no load.

hope this helps

Ramb

Last edited:

Back