1" Predator or 1 1/4" with anti-rachet drivers?

tagoes10s

I'm trying to decide on a track. I'm running a 02 cpr piped viper, HH clutch with Jeff's setup. We do a lot of high performance trail riding. We also field and lake race a lot. Acceleration along with top speed are important. I'm trying to decide on what track combo to go with.

a 1" predator with stock drivers.

or a 1 1/4 inch Ripsaw? or Predator? with 8 tooth anti rachet drivers. If so what gearing do you recomend?

I was also thinking of 144 studs down the middle or would you recomend 192 accross the track?

Basically looking for a killer combination for high performance trail riding. There is about 20 of us that lake/field race a lot. I need to be able to beat a clutched 800HO Rev and clutched F7 :-)

Thanks
Dan

2ooosrx said:
the predator will not hook up half as well as the ripsaw but what ever you choose I can get it for you, let me know

Wow...the predator must be a horrible track if it wont hook up half as good as another track with the same lug height.

Its a hard call in my mind.But the ripsaw unstuded would be the faster track on top end and any loose snow conditions.For racing on any harder packed trails or bare ice the prediter with 160studs drilled in a proper location takeing advantage of as many scatch lines as possable will smoke a unstuded ripsaw any day anyware.Stud the ripsaw with the long pick and smaller drivers change gears and your top speed will be down.I would go for the prediter my self and adjust skid for transfer.

98srx6 the predator is a 1" track and the ripsaw is a 1.25" track

Last edited:
not sure on the predator but im posotive on the ripsaw i just installed one. in his original thread he says the predator is a 1" so i was just going of what he said.

I think he asked if he should use a 1" predator with stock drivers, or if he should use a ripsaw or predator 1.25" with the smaller drivers.

yup thats what he asked an you replied
98srx6 said:
Wow...the predator must be a horrible track if it wont hook up half as good as another track with the same lug height.

i was just pointing out that they are not the same lug height. Im sry i didnt mean to cause any problems

1 inch preadator 168 pics every other outside lug opposite 1.075 megabites or gold diggers stock gears little cluthing hole shot and top end all in one also im not positive on the vipers but on the srx 1.075 is the biggest you can go safely changed a track this weekend from stock to predator pics dug a hole right through the top of the tunnel and they were 1.075

Back