OMG dirty power valves!!

golmax

Hey hows it going? I just recently found out i need to clean power valves on a regular basis. I bought my sled used with 2000 miles on it from my brotherinlaw. I know he never cleaned them. Now the sled has 4000 miles on it.

I pulled thos things apart and the cables werent even attached. They were so caked with crap i couldnt even get them out. Because they were caked so bad the cables werent even attached. The little T-bone at the end of the cable pulled right through the valves left a big oblong hole on the end of the valve.

Last year i thought my sled wasnt using enough oil mainly because all my buddies cats and ski-doo's used alot more. I took it to the shop and had it checked turns out everything is ok. My brother's f-7 and my buddies REV both of there oil pumps pooped, go figure.

Any way when i took my pipes of the change my chain gears black crap was driping out of the pipes. Im running the stock jetting im wondering if i need to chang that and how many sizes if i do need to change the jets or is all that black stuff due to my power valves probally not working for a good period of time. Any ideas?

TY, Golmax :rockon:

wow that sled should be a rocket once the valves are fixed...I woudnt jet it, I would guess that all the crap is from the valves being stuck...what year is the srx??

its a 2000 srx. sry for the short reply but its hard to type while holding the little one

Had the same problem on my 2000 SRX can't wait to ride now that its fixed!

yea that will make a big difference, kind of expensive to get the valves and cables replaced though hey? It'll be a rocket when you're done though :yam:

actually i welded some alluminum on the end of the valve, ground it back to flat on the end and only made the slot for the cable go half way through. the cable ends were fine. havnt put them in yet tho. i printed the howto that mrsled posted on another thread. i dont have the tuning tool but ill try to do it the other way.

thos valves are 82$ a piece good thing i can weld

Back