SRX exhaust opinions???

yamaddiction

i want to get an aftermarket can for my 98 srx, but i don't know which one i should get. i don't race so i'm not worried about HP or anything. I just want somthing that sounds good..... Bender, MBRP, etc. what do you guys prefer for best sound?

I had two Benders and they had a distinct sound to them, but got old after a long day of riding. I like the sound of the Power Inc I have now, although it might not be as loud as you are looking for, just a bit louder than stock.

I have a Hauck can on my 98 I like it, I think it's not as loud as a bender thats just my 2 cents.

Hauck is not as loud as a Bender??? I beg to differ, Hauck is amongst the loudest of the SRX silencers...Not to be argumentative, but the Hauck has three separate glass-pack style mufflers, the Bender comes out as one. Maybe you were hearing Bender cans which had NO packing left in them?

I've had the MBRP on a couple of my SRX's - I think they sound pretty awesome - never got any complaints about being too loud - will loose a little on top though

Bender's got my vote. I like the sound and the horsepower gain(2-4Hp). Now I know I'm gonna hear it from you guys on the horsepower gains, but when you talk to the Bender guys, it's supposed to come straight from the dyno. Comment?

all aftermarket srx cans lose horsepower, put them on a dyno yourself. Or put on the aftermarket and and put on the stocker on the same day, same conditions, and compare top speed. They are lighter and sound better, but do NOT add horsepower

Mine (bender) gained a little to about 1000 feet - then went slowwwww - turned the bend on the can blue. There too tight on top. Use your stock can - it works best and cheaper too -

yamaholic22 said:
all aftermarket srx cans lose horsepower, put them on a dyno yourself. Or put on the aftermarket and and put on the stocker on the same day, same conditions, and compare top speed. They are lighter and sound better, but do NOT add horsepower

Some aftermarket cans may gain horsepower really low in the power band where it doesnt count for anything.

great point, some of them do gain some in the bottom, i was referring to just the top, should've clarified. ;)!

Guys, Can anbody get some sound clips on here I would love to here the comparisons.

They all sound good. If you dont mind spending money on a part that will not gain any performance, then buy a silencer from your favorite company. (ie bender, mbrp, etc.) Maybe if your lucky, you could even find one used in the "classifieds" section here.

I doubt that you will find anybody willing to make sound clips, so you will just have to trust the opinions of the people here when they tell you which cans sound good.

I have a 700 SRX and a 600 SRX and had Fix Power Sorts do the exhaust, Using the stock can 7-9 hp gain plus an after market sound and for those of you who live in states where they check for after market and ticket you they open the hood and all is cool. I stand by the HP gain as well, you will not loose top end and wont affect gas performance. ;)! ;)! ;)!

I love the sound of the Hauck tripple silencer for the SRX,wonder how long the packing last in those 3 little silencers.-Harvey

Back