viper race gas???

redhyperviper

how many gallons of race gas 110octane can i mix with 93 octane i have hauck-cpr pipes jet kit clutch kit speed sheeve and vforce.

if you motor does not require high octane you will go slower with it

ok....lets not get carried away......Too much octane isnt going to hurt your motor in anyway. Yes it will loose a little power, but its sure not going to hurt anything other then your pocket book. ===SRXSRULE===

2ooosrx said:
you can also burn your motor down if it gets to cold because your motor wont be able to burn the fuel efficiently resulting in a burn down because the higher octane you run, the slower it burns

Thats funny.

I am not joking, A couple guys I know were out riding on a day that was -10 out and they blew there motors, both of them. WHat happened was they were all fine riding around and then the buddy said he was going to fill up the tanks and the other guy went inside. He thought that putting race gas in them would make it go faster but what happened is they were both riding for about 5 minutes and the motor started to malfunction, They open up the hood and everything was hot as HE!!. The other guys sled went down 500 feet in front of him. The engines were to not able to burn the fuel because it was to cold outside and the fuel burned to slow. This is not a joke in the slightest. I am just suggesting running what is required for that engine or something could happen like this.

dont you find it ironic tho that both of the engines went down within 500 ft of eachother. This was later in the day too, they had been riding a while and then once they Changed from premium to race fuel the engines both went down within 500 feet of eachother. It has to be the fuel.

If it was oxygenated fuel and was that cold it could have been the case - alot of unleaded oxygenated race fuels use MTBE as the oxygenator and if you are running it straight it will definately lean your motor out - seen it myself

i run TT 111 in my srx and i mix 4 gallons to 8 gallons 91 or 93 the stuff is the shit.
Mike

The Real Deal..

Brian..I agree with them....I ran in the u.p. last year ....in 5 degree weather pulling my buds burned down srx for over 40 miles with my baby big bore sxr.....1250-1350 egt's! and never did a thing to my machine....I was running lead additive to the tune of 105 octane...oh and btw...my machine has a 2 degree timing advance....
it's either what Yammiman said and/or BAD GAS and/or water and the wrong jetting...
even if you think the temps are the same throughout the day...there's a thing called R.A.D..... relative air density....IMHO...you cannot burn down from higher octane..AND an incomplete burn would actually COOL and LUBRICATE THE MOTOR MORE!

also..many of the supposed octane boosters are SYNTHETIC as in non lead....and can have a corrosive and non lubricating quality....I would investigate before putting half this shit in my machine if I was you...

most guys are'nt aware that detonation and pre ignition are'nt necessarily the same...yet can occur in varying degrees from not even noticable to total burn down...

Back