Ripsaw IceClaw in SRX, clearance issues?

otis700

I was just reading up on the prestudded Camoplast Ripsaw Iceclaw track. Based on this design, and length of the studs, wouldn't this track work in an SRX just fine without removal of the heat exhanger and tunnel protectors or am I missing something?

http://www.camoplast.com/ice_claw/

Mark

the ice claw does not come in a ripsaw design, They come in the cone design only so far. I will have to check but if memory serves me right, I am almost positive that it comes in a 1" track and it will fit. I have heard that these tracks are equal to a 96 studded track but are cheaper. I have a couple of these in stock.

DOHHHHHH

:oops:

For some reason I thought the Icecaw came in 1.25" and your right, its not a ripsaw.

Was getting a little ahead of myself and a bit too excited at the prospects of updating the stock track!!!

Just a little FYI. I just got my Camoplast 9830 installed on my SRX and studded, and without riding it yet, I can tell you that it will definately provide with some good hook-up. Only thing that I found was that the track rubs slightly on the front heat exchanger protectors, but everything that I have read, and the mechanic helping me install said that it isn't enough to worry about and to just let it wear as you ride and it will not be long before it is clear.

Back