02 Viper track selection help

rxforfun

I have an 02 Viper with about 4500 miles and am looking to change the track. I would like to get something a bit more aggressive than the OEM. The only changes I have make is to add the rear exchanger and protector. I was looking at one of the camoplast tracks with 1.25 inch lugs but wasnt sure if I would run into any problems..Has anyone done this that might lend me some help? It would be appreciated...

There are a lot of posts on here about putting on the 1 1/4" track. I just put the ripsaw on my viper. Basically you have to either cut down some of the lugs that will rub - or do as I did and remove the front heat exchanger protectors and tunnel protectors. Not very hard at all to do. Just be carefull on the front protectors - they are welded on. Take your time and carefully cut through the welds and tap out with a hammer.

1.25 sneaker...

i had a 1.25 camo connected cone design no studs, loved it...

am in the process of removing it for a 1.25x136 ripsaw conversion, you have to remove tunnel/heat exchanger protectors to fit.... or you can change driver to 8 tooth and change gears to run studs, leaving protectors in..

I have been thinking about buying the kit #3 from mountain performance and going to the 136. The impression I get from the website is that it is a fairly straight foreward do it yourself project. Is this what you are using?

I went with a 9837 without studs on my 02, no regrets, it works great. The difference between this track and the stock track is unbelievable.

Attachments

• Predators.JPG
    Predators.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 149
Im using the 136 option 2

so far so good, i have a buddy with an auto garage, we have it almost ready to put back in, i have to get a couple bearings tommorrow from yami and some new slides, easier to change now that it isout... kit is straight forward, just be sure to read the directions completely, a few steps are slightly misleading... and the instructions have option 1, 2, and 3 all on the same papers... easy to get confused on kits with diagrams and instructions...

went with a 136 x 1-1/2 ( had stock track with 168 studs )
LOVE IT will never yea I said never have a 121 track again
just install CPR pipes, like I seen on here some where?
ALL ROOST NO BOOST!

Back