Viper stator...........

So I'm gonna say its not rub through since I checked every wire. Not kidding and I retaped them even if it wasn't required. Are we saying that the CDI or voltage regulator can't be the problem. I did ohm check both before and after.

2004 viper s stator woes..... What were the symptoms? How about leaving me stranded in the middle of the night in the middle of know where in the middle of winter. Oh what fun

Prior to the big breakdown my tach went out, wouldn't rev past 3500 choke and gag and spew one heck of a smoke show.

I disconnected the 3 wire connector conveniently buried behind the exhaust silencer, and using a digital volt meter on ohms scale measure the resistance of the three wires. All readings were outta wack. It shouldn't matter what the actual resistance is as long as it is within reason, but all three legs should be similar.

Best part is there is no aftermarket replacement for that particular stator, genuine yamaha only $$$$.

Apparently this stator is a weak link and has a somewhat highish rate of failure

2 weeks prior to mine failing completely I did swamp my sled in 3 feet of water, so my failure may have had some help

Back