Yamaha SRX GYT-R Silencer

Harvey

Has anyone used a Yamaha SRX GYT-R Silencer?never new yamaha made a different silencer for the SRX.It claims a weight savings and mid range and top end hp gains.3-6 mid/1-2 top-looks pretty much stock only slimmer-Thanks-Harvey

ive got a bender can with the packing pulled out and it sounds great. u save weight and dont loose any power. we dynod all the cans and bender was the best results

You did'nt Dyno all of them as my stock exhaust can mod from fix power sports is showing 7-10 Hp increase. They are the only Powersports Dealer who is moding the stock exhaust and giving a great sound (not to radical but racie) keeps gas performance and increases top end.

yamahauler , you work for this Fix Power Sports?? I see a awful lot of posts about them??? 7-10 is quite a bit from a can mod, I want to see the dyno sheet??

me to,I inquired about the exhaust mod and they told me UP TO 10 horse power,they didnt give me a low number.-Harvey

Nope, but I have had 5 sleds done by him in the last 6-7 years. 2 SRX'x. 700 SX, Viper and a RX-1. I bleed BLUE you could say. I love this site and have used some of the input from it. I was refered to him several years ago after having several Bender set ups on my sleds. I don't know the whole gamit about sleds but I have spent enough money on sleds and performance upgrades to know if it works and puts a smile on my face. I was going to have some things done one time and he says ya I will take your money but your not going to gain anything useful. When is the last time you called a performance shop and asked for a pipe or something else and they asked you WHY you were doing it and then told you to save your money and not do it. He won me over with honesty and with his mods.

I am also running a Power Inc. silencer on my sled. Didn't notice any power gains or losses, just a little better sound and a bit lighter. Did I buy mine from you, MrSled? (Pretty sad I can't remember, even though I just bought it last year)

I got ahold of Fix Powersports and got an email back from him. He says he could show me the dyno numbers, but horsepower doesn't always tell the whole story. I told him I understood this, but if you were going to claim 7-10hp increase I would like to see it on a dyno sheet. I just find it hard to believe that with all the Yamaha knowledge on this site, only this one guy is doing this mod and claiming outstanding results. I would think that if this mod worked so well, others would be doing it also. Ted from Fix Powersports told me that I will notice performance gains, but if they claim 7-10hp, I'd like to see those gains also!

Here is my final thought, guys will pay good money because someone tells them a can sounds nice and it does'nt hurt their performance, but when a guy says his can not only sounds sweet but will give you more than the ordinary can out there its BS. What numbers do you ask for when your paying the bucks for sound? Thats a huge statement to say it is BS, you buy a can for sound and does not hurt performance and don't think twice about it, whats the gain there? Does'nt make sence to me. So if the guy shows you the numbers then what, you say it's impossible and say how can that be. The question is will you buy one if you see the numbers and support it or will you again say it's BS?

I have seen many printed number on silencers that have been tested, from sleds to atv pipes and most made nothing or very little.......I don't believe he numbers are completely BS but...I just feel his numbers are extremely high. As far as that goes, I will buy pipes from a guy like Jeff Simons that will tell you the HP and if it don't make that he will give you your money back. What I am trying to get at ..is there are so many builders that make dyno charts and print bogus numbers thats its all about the sales....not the happy customer getting what he paid for....

I like product you can take to the lake and bolts it on and watch it gain on the gun or against the same sled that was normally head to head.

But I have yet to have someone send me a link to this guys site.

I know of Jerry Fix from many years ago racing in the old Mid America ice drag circuit. The one where Hauck got his big name. I helped pit for my buddy who ran Polaris's against Pat. Anyways, I called Jerry on his King Cobra kit for the Viper. He supposedly does a stock pipe mod, airbox mod(cold air kit), head work and of course ,clutching. He claims it will outrun a triple piped Viper. I'd like to see it I guess. He wants $1100 for the setup. Seems a bit steep, unless it works.

fixpowersports.com was his site, but the other day I couldn't get on it.

I am in the process of getting my stock SRX silencer modified by Fix Power Sports. I will be comparing on the dyno the stock silencer vs. the one modified by Fix PS.
I will post what I found out once this is done. It will be a few weeks though. And I will post the dyno sheets.

I'll keep ya posted.

;)!

I'm picking up my sled from Fix next weekend. It has the FIX CAI and thier best clutch kit. I have been impressed with thier honesty and the fact that they won't sell you something unless you understand what your buying. This is my first experience with them but I bought the viper with these mods so I thought I thought would keep taking it there. I inquired about the cobra kit and they reccomended I drive the sled for a year as is and assess next year. My Dad also took his artic cat there and they gace him very fair rates on fixing the wiring harness for him. All I can say is that they seem fair and I can't see him selling parts that don't work.

srx70024 said:
I am in the process of getting my stock SRX silencer modified by Fix Power Sports. I will be comparing on the dyno the stock silencer vs. the one modified by Fix PS.
I will post what I found out once this is done. It will be a few weeks though. And I will post the dyno sheets.

I'll keep ya posted.

;)!

That would be awesome - Thanks !

just called fix power sports and they want a wopping $249 to mod a viper silencer. seems like alot of money when you can just get a brand new one.

Back