DG pipe on 91 SRV

psychoteen101

I picked up a DG pipe for my SRV 540. If anyone knows, im not sure what i need to do with the carb jets. I bought it used, so the seller wasnt sure either. Any help would be great.

Most SRV single pipes did not require any jetting changes. DG pipes did not produce any noticable HP changes. They just make more noise. Jeff Wurl

That forum gave me none of the info i needed. I figure if 1000 people were asking this question, id be able to find some threads about it...

Anyways, i was told by numerous people to change the jets. Im not formiliar with carbs, especially on snowmobiles, i usually deal with carbs that i can adjust myself, without pulling them apart and changing jets. I dont know anything about the sizes or flow rates, so if somebody has some useful info please post it.

My SRV ran perfectly fine and when i installed the DG pipe, i burned up one of the pistons, so id rather run it fat like i was told.

hmmmm thats odd... i searched "DG pipe jetting"... it cut out the word dg because it wasnt enough letters, and i still found your answer a couple of times in the results... also i didnt see where you asked any questions... you must be using a differnet username over there?

anyways your going to need a 150-160 and WATCH your plugs...

I didnt ask questions over there, i just searched. I dont want to keep registering on a bunch of forums.

Thanks for the info.

well you should make the srv forum your bible... there are so many tips and tricks on that site that relate directly to your sled.... totallyamaha is a good place to find general information and also information on sleds that dont have a dedicated website.... but when there is an entire website dedicated to your model it is like solid gold.... *HINT* *HINT*

jwurl said:
Most SRV single pipes did not require any jetting changes. DG pipes did not produce any noticable HP changes. They just make more noise. Jeff Wurl

That's not even as good as a result as I saw when I put a DG single on my 488 indy trail. We even dyno tuned the sled and found out that no matter what was done, the DG made less power across the board. So in that case, the DG only was lighter and made more noise than stock. Stock went back on....

:dead:
its alittle to late for phycoteen101, but Way back I had a SRV and the stock pipe cracked to $hit so I bought a DG and it did make more hp but I kept sticking piston. I was young and cheep and after 3 sets of weisco $$$ ( it was bored .060 and thats all you could buy ) I ditched it. Years later after becoming a sled nut I was reading the arcives at dynotech and they did a pipe shoot out and the DG was one of them. Well it all came back to me after the read and I had a little laugh at myself. The DG pipe made about 10hp more but at 7000rpm it fell off like a rock = deto. I was over reving it way back then and was heat soaking the piston crown and 4 cornering the weiscos. Anyways in the article they also found the stock pipe with a larger carb made about the same hp gains. Two bad they didnt have the twin carb set up for the test also.

Back