HELP! Some A$$ almost ruined my X-mas by putting bricks across trail,I HIT EM HARD!

you will have to take the bolt off that is located on the swivel mounted just in front of the spindle. get a big screw driver in there to pry open the swivel so you can slide it off the spindle. also, just pry off that black spindle cap.

Take the cotter pin off and remove the nut at the eye of the tie rod. should come right off. just do everything in reverse when you get your new swivel

You should also remove your spindle ( the shaft inside the trailing arm) to check to see if its still straight. I hope thats not bent as well.

Post an add in the wanted section and also contact NYSRX, a member of this site, he may have one in his vast stock of parts. You can also contact Al's snowmobile salvage in Newport VT and Hudson's sled salvage in NY. You should be able to get this part within 1 week. Check everything else to make sure you order all the parts you need a once. You lucked out, this collison could have easily taken out the trailing arm, pretty expensive. We're glad you are OK, the sled can be repaired.

I just pm'd you an ebay auction. a set right and left for about $20 shipped.

You will need to re-use your tie rod pin so dont throw anything away

front right

Here's what mine looks like. Hope this will help

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 2
  • front 3.JPG
    front 3.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 4
Okay, camera did some weird effects... that's not rust... and that's not smoke... lol LOOKED DOWN the spindle and all around it... don't see any damage?

Attachments

• spindle1.JPG
    spindle1.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 3
  • spindle2.JPG
    spindle2.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 3
your pretty much half way there already. Get the front end in the air or put the sled carefully on its left side.

Unbolt the ski at the saddle bolt and since you have the swivel off already it should easily pull right out of the trailing arm.

yamahaorbust said:
Okay, camera did some weird effects... that's not rust... and that's not smoke... lol LOOKED DOWN the spindle and all around it... don't see any damage?
you need to pull it all the way out of the trailing arm to get a complete inspection done on the entire length of the spindle

Okay, will do that in the AM... it's f'ing raining out! 19 inches of snow... now rain and 34 degrees.... gonna be seem HARD snow come tomorrow morning THANKS.... spindles on ebay too I'd Imagine? What do I look for, what would it look like if it was no ruined?

spindles are a dime a dozen too... any year SRX spindle would work if yours is bent. Be careful not to buy a Viper spindle as they are much longer..Just look down the spindle at all angles and make sure its not bent.

Put it on a flat surface with the ski mount end hanging off the edge of the flat surface and roll it slowly to look for any wobble.

yamahaorbust said:
AH... found them on Ebay... hope I don't need one! Another 50.00.... jeez
somebody on here will sell you a spindle much cheaper then that. If you have to, put a want ad in the TY classifieds. Somebody will give you a better deal then $50

At least your not walking and have a nice Skidoo to ride in for now

it should work the yamaha parts micro snap webite is not working right now.

I would clean it up really good with some light sand paper. be sure to re-grease the spindle and spindle cavity when you reinstall. Theres a grease zert on the front of the trailing arm too.

Back