Idiot on C/L

I use to ride my grandfathers john deere 440 liquifire. That sled really had some nuts for a 440. With a 136 cleated track it would pull a load. It had the gray hood and yellow john deere sticker. I think the motor was a kawasaki

I can remember the story from an older gentleman about a bunch of JD sledding around in the UP. Seems that one of them had a really narley sound, and would whip up on anything that lined up against it. After the racing they found out it was the prototype liquifire.

My dad still has a JD spitfire in the barn. The kohler with the head sticking out of the hood, direct drive. Man did I have some fun times as a kid on that.

I can remember one day in the Lower at my friends uncles house. Both of our sleds were broken, his uncle had a bravo 250 and an exciter 250. We spent the whole day carving in and out around the trees half a mile from the cabin, it was a blast!

staggs65 said:
we (my dad not me personally) had a jd liquifire as a kid, that was a screaming machine for the time, when it ran lol
yea but culd it pull cars out of the ditch? lol

At 160 MPH, think about how many tow jobs u could do in a day!! Sounds like a good business opportunity.

Where do these wackos come from? thats some funny chit right there!!!!! lol

"Tops out at 160mph but will run about 140mph depending on weight"

Back