"drive belts"

NB-NYTRO

Whats everyone running for belts on their Vipers? I need a new belt. I am going to use my original belt for my spare and buy new one for the season. Does anyone use a Gates Xtreme or a Ultimax 3 belt ?

ive run the ultimax3 on my 2000 srx but have had better luck with the yamaha belt, the ultimax belt seems to loose some speed, we sell lots of the ult3 and have good luck with them

Gates

I ran a Gates Extreme on my Exciter SX and it came apart. Replaced it under warranty and after the season was over my primary sheeves had a groove worn into them. I'd never use anything other than Genuine Yamaha on my sled again. The OE belt works great why would you want to use anything else? The 8DN is good for at least 5,000 miles, in fact the one I'm using this season has more than that already and is still in specs, my sheeves are still near perfect too after 15,500 miles.

Ok guys. I talked to the dealer about it. He recommended the stock belt over aftermarket. I am going with the stock belt. ;)!

My dealer are a good bunch. They are very honest. They would tell me if I would be better off with aftemarket belt. They are giving me good deals on all my parts from Yamaha. Good bunch of guys.

Back