Hope I don't get pulled over!

S

srx_eh

Don't have a 4 place trailer, ...so I had to improvise. Fabricated a clamp down and tether for the center machine and have to move the SRX forward to distribute the weight to get the bed down. Not sure what the laws are here but the ol' 292 is sticking it's butt out about 2ft., ...will have to get a red flag for that bumper. :eek:

Attachments

• trailer1.JPG
    trailer1.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 20
  • trailer2.JPG
    trailer2.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 22

I have a half inch bolt and boxed steel bar across the two skies and a heavy duty eyelet at the front of the trailer with a ratchet tether to the front bumper. My only concern is that there is very little tongue weight on the trailer ball.

We have had 3 sleds on a 2 place and the one in back in the middle was a heavier sled than what you have... we didnt have any problems and the trailer pulled quite nicely

just turn the middle one backwards, and then move the rear ends of the other 2 to the outside.

Yeah, ...I tried that, ...those darn trailing arms take up too much space though and I still couldn't get the machine far enough forward to fasten the skies down. This seems like the best solution I could come up with and It's easy to get the machines on and off.

Have you tried loading them sideways with the middle sled facing the opposite direction of the two on the ends?

Trailers rated for over 1600lbs., ...I figure Vmax, SRX and GP292 wet, ...let's see that's around 1500lbs. and my riding is about 30min. from my house, ...a slight tempt of fate perhaps.

It is a front wheel drive although it has nobby's and studs on all fours, ...this thing can blaze through anything winter throws at it. I ran it last season with the two sleds, passing all the stuck pickup trucks. :rockon:

srx_eh said:
It is a front wheel drive although it has nobby's and studs on all fours, ...this thing can blaze through anything winter throws at it. I ran it last season with the two sleds, passing all the stuck pickup trucks. :rockon:

Studs in the tires on paved roads? How long do they last??? :WayCool:

Studs or chains are required in many high altitude areas. I would rather have studs in my tires than chains on them any day.

Back