TY Family Ride

Yooper_Bob

VIP Member
I have a post about a UP family ride over on the 4 stroke side, and just realized I should put it up here as well.

In a nutshell...two family rides scheduled in the Curtis/Seney area.

The first ride is Saturday January 23.

The second ride is Saturday February 20.

These will be a family oriented ride, and will be a bit slower paced that the normal TY rides. We will be stopping at a little secluded lake and having a bonfire. Bring hotdogs or what ever else you like that can be cooked over a campfire. You don't have to have kids to join, but just have to be able to put up with other folks kids.

We'll be leaving from Curtis, heading north thru Seney, and then doing a loop north of there that will be a mix of forest roads, and trails. We will also make a stop at the hot dog stand. The total loop starting/ending from Curtis will be roughly 70 miles.

If the weather is bitter cold :brr , we'll skip the bonfire and go where we can eat inside (most likely Grand Marais).

I'll bring matches and a small buck saw...all you need to bring is your own food/drink.

Here is a link to the post on the 4 strok side: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=80219

Hope to see you there!

Hey Bob, just now saw this post. I will see if any are interested around here.

So far, Buddah2 and Johnboy are the only others going.

If we have a really small group, we will probably do a lot more riding.

Well...thats it...I'm out 'da door!

If you're not "signed up" by now, yer' gonna miss out.

You can catch us as we head north thru Seney tomorrow morning around 10:30 ish!

OK...the turnout for the first TY family ride was a bit light. :o|

Buddah2 showed up though ;)! , and we still had a great ride!

Here are a couple of pictures:

Buddah2:
IMGP8227.jpg

My ugly mug:
IMGP8226.jpg

Little "Yooper":
IMGP8225.jpg

...and a hot cocoa at the hot dog stand:
IMGP8232.jpg

The next ride is "scheduled" for Saturday Feb 20...if there is no interest this time, I'll graciously let this thread die.

Back