Doo recoils

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
What is it with Ski Doo and their junk recoils anyway?Last year it was my buds 01 MXZ 800X with recoil issues now another bud with his 03 Rev 800,which was supposedly just serviced,on his first run of the season and the recoil goes to shit on it.Starting it off the clutch is always fun,skun knuckles and all.Apparently recoils are a common problem with Doo and after seeing these 2 go down plus a couple of others I know of personally in years past you'd think Doo would improve the design or at least replace the shitty plastic parts with metal on.All in the name of saving a few ounces I guess,well it's not worth it in my opinion.

I've got the same problem with my 05 800. I think it's just the nature of the beast on them......

Hey, they are the lightest sleds for a reason. They had to cut out stuff in a few areas that would come back and bite them. Surprised they hadn't fixed it because I also know a few guys, with sleds over about a 5 year span that have recoil issues as well....

Same thing with the 02 Skandic Widretrack 600 we own, the recoil is broke on it so we have to use e. start until we can get another starter/recoil for it. You got that right the parts are made cheap, the lightest isn't always the best! I have no problems with doo sleds, its just that they need to fix up the smaller things like the recoil.

My cousin has a 98 Mach 1 and he has never had a problem with his to my knowledge but ever since Doo went to the ZX chassis and started with the light weight thing stuff has been happening light this.Light isnt always right.

I know of 2 of them with problems also, BUT, good old yamaha had their share of problems with the SX's, I'v seen them let go & take out the whole case on that side. Don't get me wrong, I think Doo's are cheaply made, good performers but lacking in longevity for sure.

Back