1997 v max 600 service manual

sick srx

anybody out there have a 1997 v max 600 xtc service manual that they could share some info from ?

im doing some front suspension work . i was looking for the center to center measurement on the skis for doing toe in / out

scan000190.jpg

this is out of a 1997 manual? what specs should i use for a 1997 v max 600 xtc . the ones that say 500/ 600 or the ones that say vx600sx

sick srx said:
could you also tell me what the camber should be ?
Make sure the sled is level the belly pan then.....then a angle finder on the TA spindle tube.....

-0.5 to +0.5 deg.

Last edited:
thstorms said:
I need torque pattern for the head the jug and the crankcase....

Please and thank you!!!!
head is--1st pass 9.4 ft.lb / 2nd final pass--17 ft.lb
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/daman1/torq1.jpg

cyl(jugs)--24 ft.lb

case long bolts--1st pass 9.4 ft.lb / 2nd final pass 19 ft.lb

short bolts--19 ft.lb

case pattern

thstorms make sure you use yamabond on the two halves and dude take your time on this stuff ok it needs to be done right not right away!!!!

Take your time!!!!

daman said:
head is--1st pass 9.4 ft.lb / 2nd final pass--17 ft.lb
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/daman1/torq1.jpg

cyl(jugs)--24 ft.lb

case long bolts--1st pass 9.4 ft.lb / 2nd final pass 19 ft.lb

short bolts--19 ft.lb

case pattern

thstorms make sure you use yamabond on the two halves and dude take your time on this stuff ok it needs to be done right not right away!!!!

Take your time!!!!

OH s@#$ I dont get to use the 12 Ton press ever with a snowmobile...... come on!!!!

the only other thing that kinda stumped me was the waterpump belt...

do you have the proper procedure for removal and install of the WP Belt.....

Thank You..... you are DA...MAN!!!

daman , i was wondering if you have used the cb drop brackets on anything . i just used some on my 1997 v max with a 136 " track and when i was done the suspension was really stiff , had to back off large rear spring all the way to get it to move and ran the small skid shock about half way . i also had to run the bender hot rods backed all the way off .. when you push the rear of the sled down the front of the skid comes off the ground about 1 "is this a characteristic of mod?, my stock srx when you push on the rear of the sled the front off the suspension dosnt come off ground . i followed the direction so the suspension is not bound. was wondering if you had any insight or know someone that i could talk to . i did the mod correct so does the skid come off ground for anybody that performs this mod?

sick srx said:
daman , i was wondering if you have used the cb drop brackets on anything . i just used some on my 1997 v max with a 136 " track and when i was done the suspension was really stiff , had to back off large rear spring all the way to get it to move and ran the small skid shock about half way . i also had to run the bender hot rods backed all the way off .. when you push the rear of the sled down the front of the skid comes off the ground about 1 "is this a characteristic of mod?, my stock srx when you push on the rear of the sled the front off the suspension dosnt come off ground . i followed the direction so the suspension is not bound. was wondering if you had any insight or know someone that i could talk to . i did the mod correct so does the skid come off ground for anybody that performs this mod?
get ahold of coles 55 he did the db on his sx i have never done it so i cant comment sorry.

VMAX Manual

I've a 95 VMax 500 DX and would love to get a copy of a service manual... I'll PM you my email address.

God bless,

Jim

What do the numbers on top of the secondary clutch mean????

2010_0123SledChassisCleaning0025.jpg

and most important!!!! How the heck do I put the secondary back together????? when I took it appart, everything went BOING and I have no idea what holes the spring was in and how much of a twist there was!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sick srx said:
i could use torque specs for primary and secondary clutches please daman

Primary- torque to 85 ft.lbs, re loosen then re torque to 43 ft.lbs

secondary- 46 ft.lbs

Back