hottest lookin sx sxr contest

Here's mine. Can't wait for some snow to try it out.

started with a 97 600sx twin.
it's now a 700 tripple with:
ceramic coated Hauck pipes
viper shocks and sx-r radius rods up front
firecat rear suspension and track
custom suspension mounting brackets
custom tunnel extension
larger and rear heat exchangers
custom clutching, working on a 660 setup, and corner-to-corner setup
large gages with blue pod
C&A skiis

my try

Sled has changed some, it has a yellow full cover skid plate, and PI end dumps with nice and shinny new ceramic coating. Don't have the time to get it all on before contest ends, but here she is. Forgot the importants. sled has ohlins long travel rear race shocks, 126x15 snow x track with skid relocated back 2.5 inches, long red rear flap, 45 degree bar ends, 1 inch riser, peak head with 22cc domes, mm front skis,adj front shock brakets giving 2 inches more clearence, red winshield, snow grips, running board traction, and mini rear tunnel extension.sled has an honest 720 miles on it. Maxdlx

Attachments

• sled side.jpg
    sled side.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 647
  • sled rear.jpg
    sled rear.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 645
  • sled front.jpg
    sled front.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:
Tom, what happened to the SXR, you probably thought that we would all miss it, but you have a 2000 SXR hood (or decals) on there now, so what gives?

Holic22, Last year I had let a few people drive "my precious" and well some of them decided to ride on others rear bumpers and some of them had no snow flap and the hood was pelted with snow and ice. At the end of the season...I was putting it away and It made me sick the damage that was done to the hood....it looked like it was sand blasted with pee gravel....the stickers and finish where severally nicked through the paint with the white plastic showing through. Well then I was thinking I might have it painted and came across this hood on Ebay with a single headlight gauge pod and gauges ....I bid on it a won it for $200 and sold the gauge pod and gauge for $100...so I figured what the hell....almost new hood with 00 stickers for $100 buck why the hell not...can always change the side stickers :rockon:

One picture of mine from last summer, I start it up once every few weeks and decided to rip around the yard one day and take a picture. My wife wasn't too happy with the ripped up sod. ;)!
mysled.jpg

not much in the lookes department except the headlight cover, GYT-R full gray/silver skidplate, and Blue Sno-glows. It really needs a big T-fork sticker in the middle of the windshield.

My wifes ride....

here it is...

Cobra windshield
Maxx performance roller clutch/shock revalve resprung, silencer mod
Arctic Cat mirror
Yamaha Handlebar Cover with pouch

Thanks, I got sick of the rust from weeds running Iowa ditches. I made them from plastic I purchased from our local racecar shop. I cut, formed and screwed them directly to the rods.

Also painted my windshield pod and screens silver, not to many of those around ;)!

Brent.

I added another picture of my trailing arm modification. I had 5 trailing arms laying around that were bent. So I decided to cut them off and modify them. Take a look at the picture and let me know what you think.

Thanks Brent

YOU KNOW WHAT, you should patent those guards because as thease types of sleds get older the harder it is going to be to get trick parts like that,if had the mass produced. they look real good on the sled.

Thats an idea! I am making a set for my other sled right now.

We should have a post...for custom built accessories! I have a few more.

Back