Mountain SXR!

Coles_55

Well its all done, long tracked with 1.5" paddle, ice scratchers, total of 6" bar risers, removed dogbone from sway bar, and all loaded up ready for SnoBinge.

Attachments

• CIMG2375 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG2375 (Medium).JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 52
  • CIMG2376 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG2376 (Medium).JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 60
  • CIMG2377 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG2377 (Medium).JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 44
  • CIMG2378 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG2378 (Medium).JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 29

Thats a pretty short 136in/tall 1.5in of a track to be considered a "Mountain Sled"......Good luck in the mountains!!!!! You did a nice job though, looks good.

Whats wrong with the snowflap? Sure its about 1 foot to short, but its brand new of this year!

I have a question, why did you put a drop bracket on the tunnel. Didn't this put on more ski pressure? I extended the Viper this year also added the 1.25 track. I was thiking of adding a 136 to my SXR also, did you ever think about relocating the skid back? Just some thoughts. Good job on the modifications. Al

Gives it a better stance, and I moved the limiter straps as well. I did relocate the skid as well down in the middle bolts.

If ski pressure is an issue, install longer front shocks that rise the front up, it helps. Back when I had a Mountain Max with Öhlins shocks, I had an extension in the upper end of the shock that allowed to attach the shock to a lower position, having the same result as having a longer shock.

Having a drop bracket gives increased ground clearance in the rear, making it less likely to get stuck.

SX700r

The Long tracked newer SXr have so much sag OE that skii pressure is an issue, you don't have enough with the stock frt springs unless you drop the rear of the skid. Now the front is too low and taking off in the deep stuff becomes an issue because the bellypan is plowing too much.Transfer straps really help for this taking off issue.

I like that stance...can u just put in drop brackets with out changing anything else??
or is there other things that have to be done also

nojokef7 said:
I like that stance...can u just put in drop brackets with out changing anything else??
or is there other things that have to be done also

Well if you want to lower the rear shaft with drop brackets, you should drill a new hole for the center shaft too, so that the skid's geometry stays unchanged.

If you get too much or too little ski pressure after that, just adjust the limiter straps next to the front skid shock.

That thing looks like its going to eat your dangling man bits, for your sake I hope it does have a lot of ski pressure cause use of the brakes might start to hurt after a bit.

Nice looking sled, just looks like the rider might slide forward on the seat a lot.

Like those SX R 700s, wish I had one.

Worked well. Got a few stuckies, but its deep up there. I will try to post some nice pictures I got from the trip.

Back