cold air kit

I have the Fix kit and its one of the very few that actually work. $99

www.fixpowersports.com

It basically re-routes the air into the air box from the fairing scoops and it also includes new jets to help compsate for the extra cooler air.

Fix powersports need to update there website, I'd like too see a few of there parts,pictures ya know!

YAMMIENEWBY said:
Does a bender cold air kit help at all, or waste of money?
............I have the bender cold air kit...I gutted the airbox and jetted it to bender spec's and it does work...Well it workes for me anyway! :rocks:

I have Fix Power sports Cold Air Kits on mine and they work great, Most of the ones out there are not set up correctly but these do work the way they have you set them up and come with instructions that your grandmother could follow and install.

I've got a Bender kit. Fit is good to excellent, looks stock, and I'm thinkin' there is a horsepower gain there somewhere.

YAMMIENEWBY said:
Does a bender cold air kit help at all, or waste of money?

What exactly are you talking about? Are you talking about the air ram scoops on each side of the windshield that force air into the engine compartment on the Viper trail?

Noisey,you have to cut holes in your hood with the Bender kit,inconsistent jetting,and on my sled It started harder when cold.If you want to trade me a like new black pod for mine you can have my kit.

I had never heard of Fix Power Sports until yamahauler78 arrived on the scene. It seems like they have some decent ideas on their webpage, but I'm real curious to see how modifying a stock SRX silencer can give you up to 10 more horsepower. Anybody else use any of their products, and do they have dyno numbers showing these claimed gains?

Jerry Fix has been beating Pat Hauck for the last couple years in the grass drags...he's been around. His dealership is located 8 mi. west of Rochester, MN.Jerry knows his stuff, but he has a personallity of a fish and will not give out any answers to your questions! That's my 2 cents...I now go elsewhere for parts, etc.

Back