Stud in center belt or through entire track?

NB-NYTRO

Like it says guys. Should I stud in the center belt only or would I be better of in studding the whole track ?

What do you guys do for studding. Center or whole track ?

Last edited:

it depends what you want i guess. I always stud the whole track, because it gives somewhat better hook up than just studding the center because the weight of the sled is distributed on the rails, so the outside has a lot of weight on it, but studding the outside also causes more tear-outs if you aren't smart with your traction. Spinning your track, sliding, etc, will put a lot of stress on those outter studs. So for durability in extreme conditions, studding just the center will be better. Just depends what you are looking for and how you ride

I always recommend studding down the center because it extends the life of the track dramatically. I always used to stud on the outside but my tracks always started to blow out and have tear outs making the track useless. My brothers sled had studs on all parts of the track and he was doing a high speed run once and the track blew out on him at WOT. I would stud it down the center because it extends the life and not much traction is lost. Do it down the center inless you are a very serious racer.

It really depends what you are going to do with the sled...if you want better hook for racing you will want studs in the outer belts...if it just for icey trails to help from slipping...center is the way to go...or if you have a extended sled, down the middle wont let the sled to push as much in the corners...

Thanks for the info guys ? Whats the best 144 stud pattern for a 121 track in the center belt ?

Thanks

Troy

ya center is the way to go if you ask me. thats what ive had and i havent had a blow out or any problems. Sometimes i spin more then i should and it holds up good so im not complaining

Back