Went for a short ride today...funny!!!!

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
Well the snow we have is wet and with all the above temps nothing really fluffed up at all.Pathetic winter for sure as others have chimed in on.Got to the River to see what it was like,but driving in wet snow really sucks..Besides there is fog here and the visor keeps getting covered in moisture..you cannot really see ahead of you..took a couple good hits today hitting bumps and v-drainage ditch again..(YES AGAIN)>>> :dunno: :o| But the funniest part of the ride is that I see 2 Arctic Cats coming around the bend on the River.One headlight only..ahhh..one was towing the other.. :rofl: :oops: I swung around noticing they had to get up the River Bank were all the construction is by the Bridge..large rock pathway.They made it up part way and snagged.I went up to them to help...but they straighten the sleds out and hauled themselves up.I went to talk to them and asked what happened.The one guy said burned hole in the piston..lean burn..I just said..well clean them carbs.... :dunno: and then said..have a good day and was off.Was going to say..should buy a Yamaha....but didn't want to beat down..lolllllll

Oh..I forgot to mention..the guy with the blown sled said to me..Thanks for stopping.I said ..I was gonna help you guys pushing back of sled up the hill if needed.Now at least them Cat boys know that a Yamaha rider is willing to help.I wander if it was the other way around..out here..I doubt it,sorry to say.. :o|

no I haven't tested the 8bu's yet.I am short 2 washers that go beside the weight.Besides I wouldn't take my SRX out in the crappy snow anyways.Still no real base here.With all the warm weather and rain/snow..nothing has changed.

and

daman..checked for a leak this morning and there is nothing yet.Can't believe just a small re-torque was enough.Time will tell once I run it under pressure.Think I will order extra o-rings anyways.Will order all 6 0-rings new then to make sure if I have to take heads off.Guess if it comes to that this season,I'll get a chance to get a good look at the pistons.
Next week is supposed to get really cold again,so SRX is sitting more then running.The way it is going this season,I really have my doubts on even testing things on the SRX.Last year it ran great.Really wanted to bury the needle this time around.We are supposed to be getting a blizzard tonight..so maybe with the snow and drifting,things will fill up and pack up.Once the river gets a few more tracks on it,I can go test the clutching.

with my 8BU's I put 4.5 tip and .8 in center or heel with a G/W/G and a stock 47 secondary with green spring I was consistanly hitting 110mph on the dream-o-meter in 12-1500ft with stock gearing RPMS were spot on 8100 launch WOT climbing to 8500 and holding, then I changed the gearing to 21/40 now I get only 100mph but I get there alot faster but for racing I put your old heelclickers in......LOL

Back