Excell Motorsports-King of the Hill 1/24/10

Madmatt

Congradulations to Aaron and all of the Excell Motorsports gang for their win at Toggenberg Ski Center in the King of the Hill Improved class. Aaron piloted his turbo RX-1 to a well deserved win after finally getting this rocket ship together just in time. I don't know a lot about the sleds he raced but there was definately some really big iron in this class. I drove two hours to watch the races and when the first sled he went up against was Rich Daly's Ski-Doo I thought it was all over. After getting beat out of the hole the turbo ran him down at the finish...it was close. I think the next sled was a 1000 Mountain Cat with an "Oneida Lake Racers" sticker on the windshield. This sled sounded sweet but Aaron handled this race without too much trouble. There may have been another sled in there but I only remember the last one. I have no idea who the next sled belonged to but it was a yellow Rev with a #1 sticker on the side. The rev driver got a fantastic hole shot....he had to be two sled lengths ahead of Aaron, maybe three, but again the turbo ran him down at the finish. I have never seen a sled drive around other fast sleds like that in a 1,000 foot race. That thing is nasty. Too bad they don't do double elimination in the King of the Hill Class so I could have seen it run more. Seeing how it was only run in a field a little bit before it went to the races I'm sure there is more in it. Hopefully the hole shot can be improved a little....somehow. Takes a little bit to get a RX-1 under motion but when it gets going it REALLY hauls the mail. I saw a lote of prople wearing Yamaha coats smiling which is somthing I havn't seen since grass drags in 1998 when the SRX was the sled to beat. Thanks for making us proud Excell Motorsports. See you up there next time.

Madmatt

Not sure

I don't know Rich's sleds well enough to know. It had Yellow body panels on it....what there still was of them. That thing looked LIGHT. The driver picked the back end up with one hand and dragged the sled around like nothing. I wonder if the thing even weighs 300 lbs. Looked to me like it was getting hot on him. Not sure that's the best format for Rich's sled....I'm sure it would have benefitted from some cool down whether it be from a cool down cart or just more time between runs. I saw Rich's sled get beat a few times...one of my other buddies Steve Rider who drives for Wakpak beat him too.

Madmatt

Stu Sherlock has beaten him too but Rich always seems to come back faster and better next time. Last yr he ran a sick naked sled with a dirt bike seat on it. Had to be the nastiest sled I've ever seen. sounds like I missed a good one this time. :o|

Back