how to start

triplexxx

I was just wondering what is the best way to start your sled after it's been sitting all summer? I fog the cyclnders last spring. :lol:

mine all i have to do is crank it ussually starts about 5th time. every sled is different. crank it a couple times if it doesnt seem like it wants to go give it a shot of starting fluid.make sure it has good gas in it too...

I just go out and pull it over until it starts. Sometimes takes 12-15 pulls on my SRX after not being run for awhile. I try to start it in the middle of the summer once to just to make sure it still runs :yam:

I always pull the carbs and clean the jets every fall just before the season starts. It never fails that atleast one Idle jet is plugged after sitting all summer. You can also fill the fule bowl up with fresh gas before you put the bowl back on the carb, it will start in 1-2 pulls then.

I know mine can be a real bear to start, on my twins I would shoot a little premix fuel down the boost bottle inlets and they would fire on first pull.

My tripples are stubburn, some say to bleed a little propane into the air box in lew of starting fluid. I know WD 40 will start almost anything.

Back