Help!!! My SRX is F'd!!!

So i taped up the wires with the rub throughs and re-routed the harness over the carb rack. Put everything back together last night. Even put new plugs in it. Pushed it outside, fired it up, and... same thing. No coolant temp light flashing on start up and no tach light still. The power valves are working when i drop the rpm's to 900 and it's running on all 3 cyl's.

What next? Do you think the bulbs could be blown? Check for more rub throughs in other areas? Any ideas?

Anybody else want to comment? The bulbs never showed any form of them starting to go. I also pulled them out and they look mint. I'll replace them tonight anyway (fingers crossed).

kirk700 srx said:
Do you need a repair manual?

Nope. Got one, just hate reading and they never inform me as good as TY does!

So is there fuses on an SRX? I just wanna ride man, my sleds been down for 2 weeks now.

So i installed a couple new bulbs in the dash for the ones that weren`t working. Fire it up and the tach backlight finally works. Then it goes out 4 seconds later. I didn`t get the exact same bulb (because my local store doesnt stock them) but i did have the same size 12V bulb Take it all apart and the bulb has a white film all inside it. Does that mean i was just running the wrong bulb or did it short out?

Also, the temp gauge light still wont flash 3 times at start up. I’ve fixed the wiring harness that goes under the motor and thoroughly gone over the wires that go up the steering post. What else should i look for? Getting pretty irritated that i can’t fix this. About to sell it and buy a Ski-don’t.

Left footwell wiring harness. Wire underneath seat. Dialectic grease in all electrical connections. Dont just tape em if crushed or rubbed through, you gotta splice/replace bad sections. You gotta run the correct parts too. Prob burnt the light out... Sorry, but does the sled run right? Do you ever get any dummie lights? Mine on startup usually does 2 blinks on start up but I imagine that is b/c it's not getting all the juice at startup.

Back