wraping secondary

needaSRX

I was wondering how you drag experts deal with loose snow / hard snow as in wrapping the secondary tighter for loose snow and less wrap for harder or vice versa

Thanks Andy :letitsnow :2strokes:

For loose snow wrap it 10-20 degrees tighter so it will backshift when it loses traction.
On hardpack loosen it off & let it upshift as fast as possible without slipping the belt.

From Tom Hartman.... run your secondary spring between 60 & 70 twist, If you have fluffy snow as in a snowball will not stick together run @ 60 if you have heavy wet snow as in can make a snowball stick together run @ 70 ;)!

Turk said:
For loose snow wrap it 10-20 degrees tighter so it will backshift when it loses traction.
On hardpack loosen it off & let it upshift as fast as possible without slipping the belt.

thats the way to go ;)!

there were snow drags yesturday, and with the help of the experts on here I was able to come out on top of the 700 stock class again by just adjusting the secondary spring and wrap I went from green at 80 to trying 60 but didn't seem like I wanted it so I went to a silver spring and wrapped it at 70 and 1st place was the outcome

NOT BAD FOR A 10 YEAR OLD SLED.......... ;)! :2strokes:

Thanks Guys

You can see massive differences in a drag race with the proper secondary wrap.

Wrapping the secondary tighter will raise your rpm but only slightly. It is more for fine tuning. To raise them more that 300 you'll need to grind your primary weights down slightly.
;)!

changing the spring for from a green to a silver didn't affect the RPMs to much it helped in the launch for me and mid range for this sled,

Tightening secondary tension is like holding the cvt in a lower gear. It slows down the rate of shift of the secondary.

can't get the rpm's down on my 600.Had 3.6 innner and outer hole on 8DG stock weights as per Turk.I am geared down one tooth top and 1.25 track.Launch at 9000,drop to 8500-8600..8600 wot.Then removed 3.6 outer,put in 4.5g and the rpm's are still 8600 wot.Went from 80 to 70 wrap..it didn't drop rpms either.All I am getting on the 600 is 150 km/hr on a long stretch.

The last 2 days have been very high baromtric pressure. Sleds are making some good power in these conditions.

Kirk I have to save rivets for the SRX when I get it going,especially on the 8BU's.Can't do to much more for the 600,anyways it is not a lake racer..so that's all the attention it will be getting this year.I have parts coming in next week,should have SRX on the River next weekend for some testing..weather will be warmer to...

Turk said:
The last 2 days have been very high baromtric pressure. Sleds are making some good power in these conditions.

True I could tell the differance from last weekend in Ochre river when I placed 1st there and then these races in Sandy bay were a huge differance in power and responsiveness

Thanks Turk

Geez man they are only 65cents each lol... A man with your money should be able to Tune Your clutches!!
bluemonster1 said:
Kirk I have to save rivets for the SRX when I get it going,especially on the 8BU's.Can't do to much more for the 600,anyways it is not a lake racer..so that's all the attention it will be getting this year.I have parts coming in next week,should have SRX on the River next weekend for some testing..weather will be warmer to...

Back