Working on my old 1998 SRX...lol

007redline

We'll out with the boys this weekend and my buddy's 1998 SRX lost a cylinder... This was my old 1998 SRX with a 2001 Top end in er..It was a sad day for me ...But I offerd to fix er for him for old time sake....lol Kind a missed the old girl..lol..Damage was 1 cylinder, 1 piston..But took everything apart to have a good look see. Trying to find what caused it...stuck ring and when I looked around long enough notice the airbox wasn't even stuck on the carbs..so just a reminder to check and make sure your airbox is in those carbs only takes a minute...Might take a few pics of the operation..going to be working on er again tomorrow night and hopefully get the old girl running again...She's really dirty too..So might give er a shine and a pat..haha

Here's a pic when I owned er... :-)

Attachments

• srx2.jpg
    srx2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 5
  • srx1.jpg
    srx1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Pretty. I see you have the ohlins shocks. My buddy's is the exact same year/setup and it corners awesome. That was like a $700 upgrade when they came out. You gotta fix her and give her a few more seasons. Some girls are still hot later in life and the SRX is a cougar.

I just realized that this is a 12-year old sled. It's amazing how these yamis are still around. How many doos and articraps are 12 years old and still have some OEM parts? That's why I bleed blue.

daman said:
who can we smack around for that one?!?!?!?!

The owner.. I told him and he said O...I thought I tightened them...I said did you take the lid off so you could get your hand in there to make sure they were pushed into the carb...and guess what he said...O well

Got the cylinder on the bench along with a piston...So tomorrow afterwork she'll be getting her new parts back in er...and I'm going to give her a little going over for old time sake...I think I'll go out to the garage and take some pics...lol Be right back

pics

Here are the pics of the old girl..and a pic of the Toasted cylinder and piston..Me giving the thumbs up...bahahaaa

Attachments

• PICT0278.JPG
    PICT0278.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 7
  • PICT0282.JPG
    PICT0282.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 10
  • PICT0283.JPG
    PICT0283.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 13
  • PICT0281.JPG
    PICT0281.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 13
  • PICT0284.JPG
    PICT0284.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 11
SO what caused you to lose a cylinder. Im not convinced that it was due to carbs not being in the airbox. DId you find a bad crankseal?

Back