Painting pipes???

..SNAKEBIT..

VIP Member
So I bought a set of used CPR viper pipes and I am going to paint them what is everyone using for paint and is there a best color to use?
Black? Blue? Silver? Chrome like??

I have seen people use high heat spray pain in black. Looked pretty good. Its a flat black and i believe people use it on grills and stovepipe, etc.

No, color shouldnt matter, but they do make specific paint for high temperature applications. You should be able to get it at any hardware store. Put it on in thin coats and it will look really good.

High temp black spray paint is very cheap, and does make the pipes look a lot better. I will be painting mine this weekend and can get some pictures of my brothers painted pipes as well as mine when I get them done.

painting pipes

Ive used the hi heat ceramic paint made by duplicolor sold at walmart
works good and last longer then regular hi temp paints

I painted my sx stock exe red. Worked good till I got it hot when it melted down. Maxdlx

I use PJ1 1500 deg. Works great spray it on let dry over nite. Put pipes on and start it up and let it idle heats pipes up and bakes on paint. The 1200 deg. stuff just burns off.

The best for longivity is to brush it on with a 1500 deg paint - but cant find the stuff anywhere in a quart or pint. the spray on is very thin and rusts again soon. any ideas where i can get a quart of 1400 or 1500 degree brush on paint

Paint

I used VHT Flame Proof Paint good to 1500 deg from Napa. Sprays on well and you can re-coat to get it pretty thick. I used the "Flat Silver" color part number SP-106 and it looks pretty nice. After 3000 miles it still looks good - only needs a light touch up in a few spots. The attached pics are after a few hundred miles last winter.

Attachments

• Pipes.JPG
    Pipes.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Pipes2.JPG
    Pipes2.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 15
What i would do is....spend the money and get them ceramic coated. It looks great and lasts forever. Also ceramic coating retains heat, hot pipes make more power!

If I had the money to ceramic coat the pipes I would not of bought used!!!!!!!!!!
that is why I was asking about painting!!!

Back