HC Weights

stein700sx

VIP Member
Are there different bolts or washers that I can put in the tip of my HC's. I've put three regular washers in the tip already. Any more and the bolt won't be gripping into any thread.Still revving at 8700 at WOT.Was at 9000

i believe HC hardware is 1/4-28 UNC thread. if so, can't you fit a 1/4-28 UNC nut on the end of bolt, to get more weight? or, just get a longer bolt??

I can't remember but I used some tungeston washers from heavy hitters.I think i might off ground them a little for clearance issues.

I'm using the stainless steel allen head bolts with regular washers that I had lying around. The sled came with the HC's when I bought it. How long of a bolt can I use until there is clearence problems.

use a standard hardware store hex head galvanized m6X12mm bolt or 14mm 12mm weighs 4.7grams and 2 stainless 1/4inch washers a 16mm will hit the spyder. 14mm would be perfect but cant find one so may have to grind down a 16mm

hope that helps

I just got a heel clicker kit from a friend who ran it on an SRX. He said he used the white HC spring. everyone seems to be using the red one, but he said it didn't work well. Try a different spring to see what difference it makes. some HC instructions say not to use more than one washer per bolt, other versions don't mention it.

I bought my HC's from Bluemonster1 and I put the long allen bolt in the tip with and washer and nut that came the package when I bought them, they weigh in at 8 grams those are in the tip and long allen bolt with 5 washers in the heel and my RPMS at launch are 8100 and climbs to 8500 WOT with a 50/38 Dalton, green spring @ 80 21/40 gears 1.25 track, all together they weigh 63 grams with the red heelclicker spring

only thing is you guys can't compare both sleds..will be different set-ups.Even if Stein runs 8 g tip and all..his gearing and track are different,but worth a try.
needasrx....when I run my 8bu's for the 1st time,based on stock gearing and 1" itrack studded 120...I have a few choices to try.Some say 4.5 outer and .8 inner. yammiegod3:16 said 3.6 in both holes.I could start with 4.5,if need be drill out to 3.6 and replace .8...here we go again :o| :o| :rofl: :rofl:

when i was playing w/HC's on my buddies vmax4 the other week, i noticed that if i had more than 2 washers stacked up under the head of the bolt in the tip, that the head of the bolt would rub on the spyder, if weight cocked a certain way. i would say no more than 2 washers, to be safe w/spyder clearance.

mopar1rules said:
when i was playing w/HC's on my buddies vmax4 the other week, i noticed that if i had more than 2 washers stacked up under the head of the bolt in the tip, that the head of the bolt would rub on the spyder, if weight cocked a certain way. i would say no more than 2 washers, to be safe w/spyder clearance.

true nore more then 2 or if you want to go with 3 washers you have to grind the face of the bolt off abit.

diregard my post turnsout my threads where a little loose its supposed to be 1/4 28 lol and an an4/4a aircraft navy bolt looks to be the perfect length with 2 washers behind it. total weight being just over 8grams

Back