2001 srx vs 2001 Tcat

yammyhamer408

01 srx vs 99 Tcat

hey guys i have a buddy that just picked up a 99 tcat with jaws pipes and some kinda clutch kit. from what i know the sled fastest pass on the gun is 125 mph wondering if my stock srx can take him in 2000feet on ice im runing a stock yokaham track with 96 gold diggers with some after market transfers rods and a custom helix.

Last edited:

Those T-Cat 1000's are really extremely fast. My cousin use to own one. You won't beat him on the top end. Your best bet would be to race him in the 1/4 mile or less.

from my expirience with t cats i have raced 5 and beat 3 of them but im not sure about this one seeing he has pipes on it and it clutched but 127 mph isnt that fast for a t cat i will let u guys know what happens when we race. any tips other then distance to get the uper hand on this maby some clutch set up for 2000 feet or 1/4 mile thanks for the help again guys

You are comparing a 140 hp snowmobile to a 180 hp snowmobile. They didn't make alot of hp down to the ground from the factory, but they certainly can if the person tuning it knows what they are doing. If that cat is setup properly, you don't have a hope in hell.

buy the looks of it it isent set up very well ryan it doesnt have much transfer and it never wantes to run but i will let u guys no tomorrow thats when we are racing. im going to run my sled as is and see what it does

valin said:
You are comparing a 140 hp snowmobile to a 180 hp snowmobile. They didn't make alot of hp down to the ground from the factory, but they certainly can if the person tuning it knows what they are doing. If that cat is setup properly, you don't have a hope in hell.

I definately agree with this statement!
I have raced TCats that our Improved stock SX700 has been able to easily beat and on the other side I have raced T Cats that were right on my heals with my 200hp+++ 866cc VMAX4 Mod...its all in the parts, setup, + tuner.

JM.02c

4 some reason t-cats have been my dream sled, idk y but there just sharp lookin sleds. Wen u 2 race u will probably get him in the start but i wouldn't b surprised if he got u at the start, sense it isnt stock. Either or wen he opens it up he will take u. U never no tho, let us no how it turned out. GL

I ride w/2 ThunderCats, 98 & 01. I can beat em off the line, 1/4, 1/2 mile whatever. But topend those things are monsters. But on the trails they have no chance b/c they are pigs. And while they are always refueling and topping off their oil... b/c they are pigs... I am whipping my junk out trying to impress the ladies... haha just kiddin. I am sick and been boozin on the Nyquil the last two nights. Good luck and tuck like a mo-fo.

hey guy suprise the tcat doesnt run no sparke and what els could it be stator maby haha they eat staters i hear. my mistake it is a 1999 t cat with jaws pipes and he is claiming it is running 190hp witch i find hard to bealive haha o and it is rebuilt as well suprise again and it has 6500 miles on it shame. i think he might beat me when it is running but i will let u know how i do. i raced my bosses 00 srx this weekend and took him buy 2 lenghts he was quite inprested haha. his kid said as long as it was another yamaha that beat me its all good.

it all about hp at the track ived owned a t cat its had to get traction even with a roll on if you can get traction it will be him playing the catch up game but he will catch you a shorter run is better no more than a thousand ft

Back