151" SRX Project

SRXBOY99

Just got my sled back last night.

Picked up a 2005 Vector Mountain skid and a 1-1/2" finger track locally.

Got a local builder to put it together, but didn't realize that i would have to slightly shave the front cooler to make room for the track. Also had to cut the rear MM cooler in half and re-weld the inlet & outlet to make it work. Was a little more work than i first thought, but i am very happy with the end result. Hopefully get to ride it today.

Thanks to Hartman Inc for all the great info, that guy knows his $hit!!! Got the extension from him and a lot of good ideas.

Still haven't touched the gearing or clutching, and still need to upgrade the skis. Anyone know how much wider the MM skis are compared to the stock SRX?

Hopefully these pics work...

Attachments

• 026i.jpg
    026i.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 025i.jpg
    025i.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

i got the xtc front end on mine it's 42.0 the srxs r 40 something it's about 2.in wider if thats help any? the oem parts little chaeper then after markit.i want toooo ride that THING!!!!!!!!! rrrrrrrealy nice. :letitsnow :letitsnow

Thanks guys, took it out on Sunday night for a quick cruise and Holy Craaaaap!!

Now i know what an SRX feels like when there is absolutely no track spin!! Time to tighten down the limiter straps, 'cuz the skis do not stay planted like they used to!

I was worried about gearing it down, and i still may, but for now, it is fine. Very surprised at how "nimble" the 151 can be. I thought it would handle like a tractor, but i was quite surprised.

Very impressed with the track. Not sure exactly what model it is or what it is called other than a 2" finger track. Bought it off a guy who dug through a pile of "stuff" in the attic and figured he had something that would work.... well it works!! Maybe someone can tell me what you call it??

Attachments

• 005i.jpg
    005i.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 6
  • 002i.jpg
    002i.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 25
nice srx man! 151s are perfect i got one on my mountain max with the same track. they hook in hard dont they? haha I was really impressed with those tracks and there hard as a rock... where did you get those drop brackets? or what material did you make them from? id really like to put a set about that high on my MM

yes, stock 121", but with an 1-1/4" which helped alot, but still nothing like now.

I had a guy fab the brackets out of stainless, could get him to make a couple more if needed. He kept the CAD drawing for them. They were cut out and then a slight break across the bottom of the tunnel so they allow for the proper width of the skid. Not sure if you can see, but the original 3 holes were drilled when the brackets were cut, but then he decided to move the skid up slightly so there is not quite as much drag or friction on the front of the hyfax. That is why the extra holes.

BIG DOWNSIDE: she will never handle corners like stock again! Bye bye to burning past your buddies like they are standing still on that inside line cruising the river!! Different kind of fun now...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Is the rear quarter of your skid (from the center wheels the the rear) raked up a little? Or is it just an illusion in the pic? Seen the nytros with that style, thought it would be cool to go to a 136 with the rear raked at 5* to not loose cornering and still gain when hooking up. Any thoughts?

Being his skid is out of an 05 Vector Mountain, yes his rails are tipped up in the rear. This helps to make them turn more like a 144" on the trails and not get so much forward push which prevents the inside ski lift in the corner.

Woulda been nice to have the Nytro XTX skid that is really tipped up in the back, but that was too hard to find... i guess beggars can't be choosers. I really just lucked into this setup... picked up everything for $500. Both track and skid were like brand new. I figured that wasn't too bad... thought the track alone was probably worth that.

Back