Apex Handlebars

Bufbradwll

Does anybody know if you can install a new set of Apex handlebars on a 01 SRX? I am looking for a set of bars that are already hooked. Will the grip warmers work in the SRX? Any info would be awsome.
Thanks

I have seen them for sale on the 4 stroke side. Guys are switching to 06 handlebars on 07 and newer sleds to get better hand warmers (which are a problem for many without adding an expensive Yamaheater).

My 07 Attak hooked handlebars will work great one day and suck the next. I got 65 miles from my cabin and almost got frostbit, which made for a long drive back.

Last edited:
yes, bolt right up, connectors for warmers are diffrent, and have to be wired in series. also need a 2 inch riser just to get to stock height cause the bars are alot lower. i used a 3 inch and still didnt need line extenders or anything, gave it a nice feel.

I just gave a set away to a friend. What do you use for controls? Dont the sx controls slide off the end of the handle?

You will run in to trouble trying to install the throttle. The newer machines use a 2 piece throttle block. I had the same problem on my viper trying to install a 1 piece race bar. In the end I cut the one hook off and installed an aftermarket hook after I installed the throttle.

You can put the one piece throttle block on without cutting the 07 bars. It takes alot of hot water and patience. You will need atleast a 2 inch riser to get the bars to factory height .I went with a 2 inch pivot and a 3 inch adapter on mine works great.Just had to reroute the brake line. I have now gone to 06 grip heaters wired in parallel. Hands get HOT. Did not get that hot with the 07's.

Last edited:
I am sorry for the wrong advice. My bars are RSI race bars. I just assumed they would be the same issue as the Apex ones.
IMG_1454.jpg

i didnt cut my bars, 06 has replacable hooks, one allen screw takes em off, then 2 small rivets hold on the grip,drill them out and the grip slides right off, wasnt even that much glue on mine, came off pretty easy. they were 06 apex bars, got em off ebay with grips on em for $50.00, that was good though have seen em go closer to around $100 or more often.

Was just wondering if wiring the '06 or '07 bars in series on a Viper would put any kind of extra load on the stator....aren't viper stators a little on the low output side to begin with?

Yes that is what I was going to do. I did not think you could get them off with out ruining the heater. Gave them to a buddy to put on his 07 Apex so he could have warm hands.

Throttle option

I have 07 update bars on my viper. I used a split throttle block.....these came on the RX-1 or 04 vipers. Inly thing after that is to order a split throttle/oiler caple for a 04 viper and wha-la!

Madmatt

Back