Just Raced An F8 Bummer For Him

that's cool!. i saw my brother in law take down an '09 crossfire 8 this weekend on the lake with his '00 srx 700. the guy is a major cat man and it really bugged him. priceless!

i've heard of a few srx's tuning in those new cats, congrats, not bad for a decade old machine you got.

Easiest way to beat a cat is to wait till it breaks down. About the same time it takes to adjust track tension.

Anybody hear of a decade old cat still running? It probably cost the owner 3X what the sled cost new while the SRX owners have maintained thiers with less than half the new cost.

mustangzrule said:
Easiest way to beat a cat is to wait till it breaks down. About the same time it takes to adjust track tension.

Anybody hear of a decade old cat still running? It probably cost the owner 3X what the sled cost new while the SRX owners have maintained thiers with less than half the new cost.

That is 100% spot on.

Any sled other than a cat will keep running without having to fix it all the time.

What year F8 was it? the 2010's are supposedly wicked fast, and like 160 hp.

We had some races on the lake Sunday, my 99 srx and 2 900 cats w/ flannery porting and pipes and who knows what else. Ell 1 got me by 2 sleds and the other was dead even. They started to brag until I told them it was still a stock bore 700 with just clutching. Who knows what they have in there motor but I know they are far from what they tell ya. I was beating them all summer in the dirt but i figured they tear me up on the ice, I guess it goes better than they thought it would.

Put up two tally marks for me. I spanked 2 09 F8's last weekend on my clutched SRX the F7's on the other hand wasn't so much fun. The F8 owners were pretty upset that their F7 buddies were killing them on sleds a few years older never mind my sled which is 11 years older haha :2strokes:

I raced a guy with a 2009 Firecat 1000. Now my Viper is BONE stock, I have done nothing. Not clutching, exhaust.... just a 1.25 ripsaw away from original.

I lost to him by about 1 length the first time, and about 1.5 lengths the second time.

I knew I wasnt going to win, but was proud to be that close. He didn't believe it was stock, so I had to open the hood just to show him. He shut up about his Cat for the rest of the day.

Back